Used 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

1994 Reliable Grande Cherokee
By Christopher

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

My jeep currently has 236,000 miles and nearing 237k miles. I don't see how it still runs and is very old, but it is reliable and runs very strong. this thing has been thru rain, and much snow but now in florida. Other than the fact I have had to replace a few front end steering parts, 2 fuel pumps, battery, and tires, the jeep is very honorable. It lets nothing keep it from running.

v8 5.2 litre engine-great for snow and off road purposes. Lots of power as well. reliable and safe.

N/A

Bad 2 the Bone Grand Cherokee
By Reliable old Jeep

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned my 94 Grand cherokee for almost a year now. I love it. It has the power , Ride comfort , and style. I have babied this car since day one i got it. My jeep has a 4" lift and 31" tires. So a offroader jeep. This is my 1st car. The only work i have had 2 do on this car is undoing the last owners mistakes, Such as putting the proper size shocks on. A actual transmission pan gasket, ( Not masking tap) and putting bolts through the front Brake caliber. I love this car. The power is amazing, The original paint is in amazing condition. The pillow top leather seats are very comfy. Parts are cheap 2 by. Build quality it good. Reliability is great. Jeeps are good. Will by another one 4 sure

Pillow top leather seats. Smooth ride, Looks, Duel power leather seats, Power from the 5.2 V8 engine. Towing is a breeze. Wood trim interior, full time 4wd.

Pull the shifter back 5 inches, I have 2 really reach when it is in park. Bigger wind shield,

Rock solid
By kaotik_inc

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I've recently purchased a v8 grand Cherokee limited that was brought to Canada over a year ago from California... The truck sat for over a year without any starting.... Boosted it, & it ran & drove on a dead battery & year old gas! Truck has been a daily driver since then, & goes trail-ridin' every 2 or 3 days... Never been stuck... Never broke. That's a tough truck, in my book! I'm convinced... It's definitely a Jeep thing... I'm hooked on these things now.

I love the 318! Mated with Quadra trac, it has neck snapping torque for a stock truck! More than enough power for the mud, etc.

Stock push bars/light guards & flexible power antennas.

It's a Jeep thing - you know!
By AJeepThing

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I was lucky, my 94 JGC was not build on Monday! I got 245K+ miles on it with very little reliability issues. Water pump needed replacement after 160K miles ($450 repair) Transmission seal let-go after 210K miles ($475 repair for a $3.50 seal!). I just loved the interior pillow leather, great stereo system by Infinity and great air conditioning. I can drive for thousands of miles on trips and not get tired. Original engine with no oil leaks, strong compression check, plugs still runs clean after every 20K miles. Cat Converter + exhaust changed at 185K miles. I went synthetic in transmission, transfer case, differential, engine, steering pump. Parts inexpensive for 2 million JGC 93-98!

Pillow leather interior, Infinity Gold stereo, power moonroof, Up-Country suspension with skid pads. Tow package. Forest Green paint with gold trim that still shines. Great go anywhere vehicle, skiing, camping, mud, trails, great city car, great air conditioner.

Go synthetic oil in transmission and transfer case ATF-4, differential to synthetic purple, engine oil 5-30 & power steering pump increase reliability, and increase 2 mpg. Put Mopar 2 qt extra capacity AT pan with drain plug. Walker cat and aftermarket exhaust add 2 mpg. K&N AirFilter!

Best Car Ever...Only owned Jeeps
By Lisa

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

In my family we keep our cars to the end. We all have Jeeps. Mine is the oldest..1994 with 234,000 miles. Runs like a gem. When people see it, they can't believe the year and the miles! I am just starting to think about trading it in and it makes me sad! I have not had to replace engine or anything major. Water pump, Synthetic oil changes every 6,000 miles and sometimes I have to get an oil leak repaired. Best car ever. I tell everyone to buy Jeeps, they are worth it!

Comfortable leather seats. Large capacity for golf clubs and groceries. I have no kids and yet I love all the extra space.

Take the spare tire out of trunk space. My speakers are just starting to go, but I guess it lasted me for 13 years and that is pretty good!