1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
1994 Reliable Grande Cherokee
By Christopher on 12/15/09 13:17 PM (PST)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

My jeep currently has 236,000 miles and nearing 237k miles. I don't see how it still runs and is very old, but it is reliable and runs very strong. this thing has been thru rain, and much snow but now in florida. Other than the fact I have had to replace a few front end steering parts, 2 fuel pumps, battery, and tires, the jeep is very honorable. It lets nothing keep it from running.

Bad 2 the Bone Grand Cherokee
By Reliable old Jeep on 06/22/09 23:44 PM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned my 94 Grand cherokee for almost a year now. I love it. It has the power , Ride comfort , and style. I have babied this car since day one i got it. My jeep has a 4" lift and 31" tires. So a offroader jeep. This is my 1st car. The only work i have had 2 do on this car is undoing the last owners mistakes, Such as putting the proper size shocks on. A actual transmission pan gasket, ( Not masking tap) and putting bolts through the front Brake caliber. I love this car. The power is amazing, The original paint is in amazing condition. The pillow top leather seats are very comfy. Parts are cheap 2 by. Build quality it good. Reliability is great. Jeeps are good. Will by another one 4 sure

Rock solid
By kaotik_inc on 01/05/09 21:37 PM (PST)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I've recently purchased a v8 grand Cherokee limited that was brought to Canada over a year ago from California... The truck sat for over a year without any starting.... Boosted it, & it ran & drove on a dead battery & year old gas! Truck has been a daily driver since then, & goes trail-ridin' every 2 or 3 days... Never been stuck... Never broke. That's a tough truck, in my book! I'm convinced... It's definitely a Jeep thing... I'm hooked on these things now.

It's a Jeep thing - you know!
By AJeepThing on 07/15/07 18:44 PM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I was lucky, my 94 JGC was not build on Monday! I got 245K+ miles on it with very little reliability issues. Water pump needed replacement after 160K miles ($450 repair) Transmission seal let-go after 210K miles ($475 repair for a $3.50 seal!). I just loved the interior pillow leather, great stereo system by Infinity and great air conditioning. I can drive for thousands of miles on trips and not get tired. Original engine with no oil leaks, strong compression check, plugs still runs clean after every 20K miles. Cat Converter + exhaust changed at 185K miles. I went synthetic in transmission, transfer case, differential, engine, steering pump. Parts inexpensive for 2 million JGC 93-98!

Best Car Ever...Only owned Jeeps
By Lisa on 04/06/07 07:44 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

In my family we keep our cars to the end. We all have Jeeps. Mine is the oldest..1994 with 234,000 miles. Runs like a gem. When people see it, they can't believe the year and the miles! I am just starting to think about trading it in and it makes me sad! I have not had to replace engine or anything major. Water pump, Synthetic oil changes every 6,000 miles and sometimes I have to get an oil leak repaired. Best car ever. I tell everyone to buy Jeeps, they are worth it!

You Can Not Beat a Jeep
By Andrew on 10/30/06 16:54 PM (PST)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 1994 Jeep with 99,000 miles on it two years ago. The Jeep now has 160,000 miles and it just keeps going. It has had its share of problems along the way, but I am 18 and I like to take my grand on the trails, so most of my repairs are due to me beating on it (VC in transfer case, starter got water in it and broke, shocks had to be modified, rear end went out, ripped up gears in transmission). Most of these things happened on the trails but if it were a Blazer it would have been much much worse. You beat a Jeep and it will still run for you, now what car will do that?

Hasta (get me there and get me home)
By Harmony on 08/21/05 01:13 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

With 116,000 miles it's time to consider a new vehicle although it has more than served us well for 7 years. Just required regular maintenance and expected parts to need replacing after 100,000 miles. Hate to part with this friend.

Best vehicle I've ever owned!
By WAnzik on 04/08/05 00:43 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my Jeep - it's the best vehicle I've ever owned. I am the third owner, bought it at 70,000 miles and have driven it over 45,000 miles without any major problems at all. I couldn't be more pleased. I was nervous reading some reviews that made them look like they just dropped dead at 100,000 miles. Well mine still runs smooth and strong. No engine, tranny or transfer case replacements ever needed. Could be because I and the previous owner ran full synthetics in it since around 50,000 miles.

Its Been a Great Relationship
By jeep4everyone on 07/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Now 230k miles. I have bounced my Jeep off granite boulders, driven many 24-hour family vacation marathons and used it as a 50 mile/day commute vehicle. Indestructible. Still on the original rotors, starter, alt., etc., more than I can say for any Volvo or GM product I've owned. Replacement items: tranny at 190k!; a/c comp. @ 130k; radiator (my fault) at 120k; water pump at 160k. That's it! In every case the equipment has exceeded my life expectations. Oil every 3k, tranny and diff. fluid change every 50k. If I could find another '94 with say 50k, I would buy it can keep it for my son. I recommend anyone who can get this model and year if you can.

Bill's Review
By Wanzik on 03/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

This is the nicest vehicle I've ever owned. I love the looks and the ride. This vehicle was 6 years old when I bought it and it was very well taken care of. I am the third owner. I added a K&N Filtercharger. Other than scheduled oil changes and new tires (got to almost 80,000 on original tires) I've put nothing in to it. Right now it needs a new muffler but no other signs of problems. I plan on keeping it for a long time.