Used 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Love My Jeep! (:
By carguru12

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

I purchased my 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee last year and LOVE it. This is my first car and I got it for a good price. My Jeep has the V8, which is very powerful, and returns good fuel economy for its engine and the type of vehicle it is. My Jeep is loaded and has leather, power everything, keyless entry, the information screen at the bottom of the center stack, 4WD, and I put in a Sony stereo with Pioneer speakers. The Jeep starts up every time like it should and is a very reliable vehicle. I'll always be a Jeep person! (:

Favorite Features

Leather, Power Features, V8 Engine, Transmission Shifts Smoothly, Comfortable, Easy-to-Drive, Fun-to-Drive

Suggested Improvements

Could be a bit quieter on the inside. When backing up, sometimes there is a creaking noise coming from the rear. And of course the fuel economy could be a bit better.

Great Jeep
By compgeek789

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

My Jeep has a substantial amount of power, and it has more acceleration than my other previous vehicles. Its compact design makes it easy to fit into parking spots, and has excellent handling on bad roads due to its all-time 4X4. It also offers a smooth ride, and good gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Nice Size, Lots of Acceleration, Good amount of power, great handling, smooth ride, good gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Headlights fog up

Great Jeep
By Fever

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

A great vehicle. My father bought this Jeep new in late 1993 and sold it to me in 1997. The 4 litre straight six has been a rock. It has the usual "piston slap", but all that I've done in 14 years is a new water pump and fuel pump. I stay ahead on things like the fuel filter and other tune up items. The Jeep has rewarded me handsomely for it. I towed an overloaded 2 axle u-haul trailer across the country and threw a wheel bearing that led to a shredded axle, but that was my own fault. The Jeep still got 13 mpg that trip. I have loaded it with 1000 lbs + too many times to count. It towed my boat like a champ too. I have really abused it over the years but it still cleans up nice

Favorite Features

Luxurious interior, great power, small enough to park in the city, high quality interior and exterior build quality.

Jeeps Junk
By SgtBulldog

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

I purchased this Jeep in California with 50,000 miles on it. Within the first six months it needed a new water pump, new exhaust manifold, new tires, etc, etc. Since buying this in 1999 I have had the transmission replaced 3 times! I am not a off roader or speed demon. I am a run of the mill guy who believes that purchasing this vehicle is a complete waste of money. WHEN ITS RUNNING, IT HAS A SMOOTH QUIET RIDE that anyone will enjoy. The two wheel drive model is useless in any type of snow or ice.

Favorite Features

Comfortable & smooth ride when fully functional.

Suggested Improvements

Build a rig that can last 200,000 miles.

can not be american
By bernie mejia

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

fuel pump-transmission-brakes are the worst in the market, I will not buy Jeep anymore, this is my 4 jeep in my life

Favorite Features

interior

Suggested Improvements

transmission and brakes