1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Love My Jeep! (:
By carguru12 on 02/20/13 13:30 PM (PST)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

I purchased my 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee last year and LOVE it. This is my first car and I got it for a good price. My Jeep has the V8, which is very powerful, and returns good fuel economy for its engine and the type of vehicle it is. My Jeep is loaded and has leather, power everything, keyless entry, the information screen at the bottom of the center stack, 4WD, and I put in a Sony stereo with Pioneer speakers. The Jeep starts up every time like it should and is a very reliable vehicle. I'll always be a Jeep person! (:

Great Jeep
By compgeek789 on 07/17/11 11:13 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

My Jeep has a substantial amount of power, and it has more acceleration than my other previous vehicles. Its compact design makes it easy to fit into parking spots, and has excellent handling on bad roads due to its all-time 4X4. It also offers a smooth ride, and good gas mileage.

Bad jeep
By t on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought on 06 one problem after another not sure why. Replaced the whole car etc brakes brake line wheel bearing alternator 3 times ecu water pump transfer case three time new viscous coupler radio speakers tires ac compressor drive shaft cv boot three times 2 tune ups trunk lift gas is anywhere from 9 mpg to 13 mpg this Jeep only has 100,000 miles on it I don't off road or drive like a crazy person just to the store and school and the problems never end I have been fixing things every month for a year now and I do it myself so I saved a lot if money it would have cost me 10,000 to do at the dealership if I would have knowing this was going to happen I would have never bought it. Do not buy

Great Vehicle
By LauraB on 06/16/10 09:38 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Just traded this Jeep in with 247,000 miles on it. It was a great vehicle to own and went it everywhere, off-road and on the interstate. Great in snow. I had the 4.0 L motor which I liked except the gas mileage wasn't anything to brag about. I liked this one so much I got a newer Grand Cherokee to replace it. I think I'm hooked on Jeeps.

Far better than its general reputation
By Todd on 06/10/10 07:56 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought from original owner with 130k, put 58 k on it in 3 years. Does everything you could ask of an SUV. No electrical problems, had to replace original water pump and radiator at 160k. Now have to fix rear hatch and 1 window motor. Great for 3 years ownership of a 17 year old Chrysler. If you need an inexpensive SUV buy one. Its an early SUV so you get what it is not some fluffed up car based nonsense that can't tow or go off road. Does all we want and more. Original paint still 90%+ only a few scratches, quality is great. Best Chrysler product made.

94 Grand
By dave on 04/08/10 18:16 PM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Have Owned for over ten years. Bought from father in law due to 160,000 miles and he thought it was ready to die. It now has 310,000 miles; uses a quart every 1600 miles. Normal maintenance, and been in the woods many years for hunting. No major problems, and have to run it till it drops dead. My quest was to make it to 300,000 but the dumb thing keeps going, going,and going. Great on ice.

For a 16 year old rig very pleased.
By mrlypage on 03/31/10 10:13 AM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

No big complaints. Getting ready to sell it after 2 years of ownership. I figure with repairs and maintenance it cost me $100 month in depreciation-- not bad, especially considering the abuse the previous teenage owner surely put it through. Very torquey (V8) and grabby 4WD. Speaking of grabby 4WD, I do NOT like the full- time 4WD-- it costs you in gas mileage and the front wheels differential doesn't work well when making low speed, tight turns.

1994 Reliable Grande Cherokee
By Christopher on 12/15/09 13:17 PM (PST)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

My jeep currently has 236,000 miles and nearing 237k miles. I don't see how it still runs and is very old, but it is reliable and runs very strong. this thing has been thru rain, and much snow but now in florida. Other than the fact I have had to replace a few front end steering parts, 2 fuel pumps, battery, and tires, the jeep is very honorable. It lets nothing keep it from running.

Bad 2 the Bone Grand Cherokee
By Reliable old Jeep on 06/22/09 23:44 PM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned my 94 Grand cherokee for almost a year now. I love it. It has the power , Ride comfort , and style. I have babied this car since day one i got it. My jeep has a 4" lift and 31" tires. So a offroader jeep. This is my 1st car. The only work i have had 2 do on this car is undoing the last owners mistakes, Such as putting the proper size shocks on. A actual transmission pan gasket, ( Not masking tap) and putting bolts through the front Brake caliber. I love this car. The power is amazing, The original paint is in amazing condition. The pillow top leather seats are very comfy. Parts are cheap 2 by. Build quality it good. Reliability is great. Jeeps are good. Will by another one 4 sure

Best Vehicle i ever owned
By Marc on 06/18/09 16:40 PM (PDT)

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

My dad gave me a jeep as my first car with 210,000 miles on it. it was in awesome shape, garaged all the time and was good on gas, got about 25 miles to the gallon. the straight six was not short on power and still ran great at 215000 miles. Only new parts on it are; oil pump, U-joints tie rod ends and ball joints, everything else is stock. Jeeps best vehicle ever i think they really designed this very well.