tired uphill climber
By cman on
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD
I bought mine 3 years ago, and liked it to begin with, I always wanted a red grand Cherokee. Now that I've had it, I don't think I'll be getting another. Atleast not one like mine again! The inline 6 engine is a sorry little fella. If you get stuck behind that rv going up the mountain, good luck getting around him on the straight away! And once again this winter (as per every winter I've had it) it left me frustrated and stranded in the cold once already. Starters, ignition rotors, neutral safety switches, fuel pumps, this thing loves to find a reason to quit running. Also, nasty squeal when air conditioning is on. (common) and when it gets cold- my doors won't shut! (also common)
Favorite Features
Leather seats, 4wd, compass and indicator which tells you mileage, and distance to empty. Love how this thing creeps over gnarly mountain double tracks and snow.
Suggested Improvements
Power, gas mileage, reliability. You know, the things that people like to have out of their vehicles.. I'm a car salesman, and I've found that the door issue, belt squeal, neutral safety switch, burned out wiper motors, and computer glitches are common with these.