1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: The only SUV to own

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

The only SUV to own
By DLukas on

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Basically, the only repairs beyond the normal wear (battery, tires, brakes) are: REPAIRS Radiator@90K-$235 Rear door gas spring@120K-$35 Rr axle shafts & Bearings@145K-$700 Water Pump@155K-$85 ExhaustHeaders@205K-$1200 (Tuned Headers, cat, Muffler & tailpipe) Air Conditioner@180K-$700 (at a shop) That jeep commercial where they show a mole tunnel of snow that comes to a stop sign, stops, makes a turn and keeps going. Well I laugh everytime I see that commercial because it's just about the truth. I don't think there is anything that will stop a jeep except someone who is out & out using stupidity. Go for it own one, and love the experience.

Handling-I can take the jeep around most cloverleafs @ 50-60 mph and not worry about slide, sway, or other bad handling. 4WD-I'm a very aggresive driver and I've only had the vehicle skid once seriously on an outside downhill pitched away from roadcenter curve. It handled very well.

Improvements - They've made them. I bought another Jeep Grand Cherokee for my wife. #1 They got rid of the spare tire and conceled it under the rear cargo area. #2 They made the door handles a single pull mechanizm that doesn't require you to use your thumb.