1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
So impressed I bought a 2nd one!
By vinton69 on 12/26/13 09:54 AM (PST)

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 1st new and loved the comfort and reliability of my 1st Jeep. At 286,000 miles I hit a big buck on the way to work. I decided to let it go because of the mileage and damage. I couldn't get it out of my mind after over 20 years of ownership so I kinda kept a eye out for another one. I found one just like my old Limited with only 155,00 miles on it and now it's sitting in my driveway. Other than the lousy (EPA) paint job I think it is one of Jeeps best ever vehicles.

Great Car - but not the cheapest
By GeoffreyG on 08/18/10 20:00 PM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased my 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (V8 5.2 L) in the summer of '02 with 96,000 miles on it from Valley Dodge in Boulder, CO. 2 weeks after I bought it, it needed some repairs - the starter and a couple of factory recall items as well. Other fixes throughout the years - Power Steering, Idle Motor, A/C Pump, Coolant Sensor, 4x4 Switch, Power Window Switch, Battery (2x), ext Paint, and other minor interior items, but overall the engine has continued to run like a champ at 160K+ miles now - and not even an oil leak! The interior is loaded (...with things that can break...) and power everything, AWESOME for city driving or off-roading - would recommend the Limited model over other models.

Good for everything
By kody47 on 05/11/10 17:36 PM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I got the Jeep from my uncle with 200,000 miles on it and since have added 30,000. I haven't had one issue with it. It still has good power uses zero oil and gets 20-ish on the highway despite awd and 3 in over sized tires. It does quite well off road. I've yet to meet a hill it wont conquer. Good all round vehicle from the city to the country from the 1st time vehicle to the one that'll last forever

Champ.
By Matt on 01/16/10 16:08 PM (PST)

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I picked this up as a replacement for a '98 GC Laredo that was rolled 1 too many times. I offroad avidly, mountain bike, back country ski/hike, and I need a tank for lack of better words, now I loved my 98, (wish my father wouldnt have rolled it) but this thing takes the cake, you can feel the difference as soon as you pull out of the drive, the quadratrac 4wd gets you out of any mess you get it in, I am running aggressive tires on it, and have yet to have any issues so far, around 149k on the original engine and trans, replaced the drivetrain control unit, I am getting a false signal from my oil pressure unit, but a new $20 unit will fix it. Overall wonderful car I want to keep it forever.

tired uphill climber
By cman on 12/31/08 08:36 AM (PST)

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought mine 3 years ago, and liked it to begin with, I always wanted a red grand Cherokee. Now that I've had it, I don't think I'll be getting another. Atleast not one like mine again! The inline 6 engine is a sorry little fella. If you get stuck behind that rv going up the mountain, good luck getting around him on the straight away! And once again this winter (as per every winter I've had it) it left me frustrated and stranded in the cold once already. Starters, ignition rotors, neutral safety switches, fuel pumps, this thing loves to find a reason to quit running. Also, nasty squeal when air conditioning is on. (common) and when it gets cold- my doors won't shut! (also common)

'93 ZJ 318ci v8
By ZJ80 on 03/12/07 22:40 PM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Overall, I'm in love with my JEEP. Bought it to satisfy my-next-car-is-a-4x4-v8-and-jeep. Been all over, in all terrain, and love it.

Cool Truck
By NV on 03/09/07 20:31 PM (PST)

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I just got this Jeep about a month ago with 150k miles. I had to have some long needed maintenance done, but aside from that it's been great so far. It has about a 4 inch body lift with mud terrain tires and nice rims. It also has great power and it does extremely well offroad. Gas mileage is bad, but that is just a price you have to pay. Overall it seems great and handles well.

93 Jeep
By rocco on 02/05/07 06:59 AM (PST)

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Haven't had a single problem with it yet. Very impressed overall, but the gas mileage is terrible.

awesome car
By tenseven on 08/10/06 15:58 PM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought it in 1995, 30K miles, 2 years old. Now has 185,500 miles. Cannot find anything on the market, new or otherwise, with the seat comfort and the visibility out the side and rear windows. Minimal repairs along the way. Gas mileage still 15-16 in town, 20-21 on the road.

Best car ever!
By MOD and ANGRY on 04/22/06 17:56 PM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

My aunt bought the car new in late '92, then sold it to my grandfather in '99, and he then gave it to me as my first car. The car now has 220K miles on it. I've only had to replace the valve gasket and the brake booster. I don't think I've ever driven a more reliable car. I haven't taken very good care of it, I know the rest of my family abused it, but it still keeps running. I'm now considering selling it to pay for repairs on my Volvo S60. I wished I would have just invested money in fixing up my Jeep instead of buying the Volvo.