1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Bullet proof vehicle
By reber1 on 09/25/14 13:21 PM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

We purchased our GC new in 1993 and it has been one the best vehicles we have ever owned. It was retired to snow plow duty in 2011 and is still going strong with over 225,00 miles. the 318 ci (5.2) engine is awesome and is just now using about a half a quart of oil between changes. the only issues we have had are, a failure of the fuel pump (170,00 miles), water pump (150,000 miles) both front cv joint boots(dry rot from age at 195,000). We liked this vehicle so well we bought a new one in 2011.

Wonderful vehicle
By bobj99 on 03/20/14 16:43 PM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4dr SUV

This is a 318 CI (5.2 L) V8, but they don't have that selection on the drop-down menu. I bought this Jeep used in 1999, and now have more than 288,000 km on it. I'm in the process of selling it after 15 years of great service. The only reason I'm selling is because we no longer need two vehicles -- the Jeep is as good as ever. There has never been any work done on the vehicle except regular oil changes and maintenance, tire and brake-pad changes, etc. It can tow heavy loads in mountainous areas with no problem. It burns a bit more gas than modern vehicles with smaller engines, but it's not too bad, in my opinion. A Jeep like this in decent shape will continue to provide good driving.

1993 Grand Cherokee Laredo 5.2L V8 Great first car, wish I could keep it
By carcrazy117 on 01/21/14 20:22 PM (PST)

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

I absolutely love my jeep, other than the gas mileage. Unfortunately my jeep was not taken care of by its previous owners. My family has had the car for 7 years now and I've been driving it for the past year. I've put 6k miles on it myself. Everything has been great up until a month ago when everything froze because the coolant system has a leak. This resulted in the end of times. Unfortunately I have to call it quits and get a new car. Radiator is leaking, transmission cooler line is leaking, bad coolant return line o-ring. Essentially the coolant system is shot. If I had the money and time, I would keep it for as long as possible. Overall, if taken care of it will run forever!

So impressed I bought a 2nd one!
By vinton69 on 12/26/13 09:54 AM (PST)

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 1st new and loved the comfort and reliability of my 1st Jeep. At 286,000 miles I hit a big buck on the way to work. I decided to let it go because of the mileage and damage. I couldn't get it out of my mind after over 20 years of ownership so I kinda kept a eye out for another one. I found one just like my old Limited with only 155,00 miles on it and now it's sitting in my driveway. Other than the lousy (EPA) paint job I think it is one of Jeeps best ever vehicles.

Excellent car!
By 79camarogirl on 01/12/13 22:44 PM (PST)

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I loved my Jeep Grand Cherokee up til someone ran into me and totaled out my poor car, they bent the frame. had around 200,000 miles on him and was still running strong for the most part. It was our only car so my husband and I put lots of miles on it driving it back and forth to our jobs and he held up very well. Did have some issues with mysterious electrical problems. Sometimes car wouldn't start unless you jiggled the battery wires (battery was good) and the power windows decided they didn't want to work any more. Also, for some reason the cruise control and overdrive stopped working so I got really bad gas mileage, not it got good mpg to begin with.

1993 grand cherokee
By reber1 on 12/06/11 20:47 PM (PST)

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

bought mine new in 93 and now have 235,000 miles on it. In the life of the vehicle I have only replaced the fuel pump, water pump, and transmission lines. not bad at all for a vehicle of this age. Liked it so much I just purchased a 2011 GC Larado. I loved my old 93 so much I couldn't get rid of it. It now does winter plow duty. Still going strong!

Great Car - but not the cheapest
By GeoffreyG on 08/18/10 20:00 PM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased my 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (V8 5.2 L) in the summer of '02 with 96,000 miles on it from Valley Dodge in Boulder, CO. 2 weeks after I bought it, it needed some repairs - the starter and a couple of factory recall items as well. Other fixes throughout the years - Power Steering, Idle Motor, A/C Pump, Coolant Sensor, 4x4 Switch, Power Window Switch, Battery (2x), ext Paint, and other minor interior items, but overall the engine has continued to run like a champ at 160K+ miles now - and not even an oil leak! The interior is loaded (...with things that can break...) and power everything, AWESOME for city driving or off-roading - would recommend the Limited model over other models.

Wish it were brand new
By Jake on 08/08/10 05:26 AM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4dr SUV 4WD

Like the size and driver visibility. The features are good. The motor has a 180k miles on it and uses a qt of oil every 1500. Hoping to drive it for another 16 months and then buy something newer (or new).

Good for everything
By kody47 on 05/11/10 17:36 PM (PDT)

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I got the Jeep from my uncle with 200,000 miles on it and since have added 30,000. I haven't had one issue with it. It still has good power uses zero oil and gets 20-ish on the highway despite awd and 3 in over sized tires. It does quite well off road. I've yet to meet a hill it wont conquer. Good all round vehicle from the city to the country from the 1st time vehicle to the one that'll last forever

Excellent Jeep
By John on 03/13/10 03:48 AM (PST)

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this jeep with 113K miles on it, and it is solid. Right now it is 17 years old going on 18 and I have never been more satisfied with any suv like this one. It is by far the best suv in the snow (as long as you get the 4x4 of course). Gas mileage is definitely a downfall on this vehicle as I get only about 11-13 mpg in the city and maybe 15 on the hwy. Besides the occasional repairs I done on this vehicle, it is still running on the original, engine, transmission, and even alternator. Jeep nailed it with this grand cherokee, I look forward to purchasing maybe an '05 or '06 in the upcoming months.