2015 Jeep Compass SUV Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

It's a car probably made more for a lady
By Philip

2015 Jeep Compass SUV Altitude Edition 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My wife just bought this car and I looked up some reviews and noticed that a couple of ladies gave this car a pretty good review but a few guys really dissed this car. Now I had the same reaction to guys man this car is guttless it's really basic the sounds isn't all that and it's small, but hey she likes it because she never drives the freeway, hates blaring music, and likes the fact that she knows what everything does. Now I'm not saying if you're a guy that owns to car to go out and sell it to the first gal you see I'm just saying continue to appreciate the little things.

2015 Jeep Compass sport 2.4L manual
By Jessica

2015 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I really don't understand why this vehicle gets such a bad rep. Why even take the time to write a review if you're just renting it? Obviously it's not your vehicle so of course there are going to be things you don't necessarily like. Everyone who writes reviews like that I just picture them in their Honda Prius looking cool af. Anyways I can't complain about the Jeep Compass, I love it!

So Far So Good
By Kristy

2015 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 2013 Kia Soul+ (2.0ltr 6spd automatic) for this car. So far I'm happy even though I loved my fun punchy Kia. I decided to get a new 2015 instead of the current year model (better warranty and discounted price.) I have the 2.4ltr 5spd manual FWD. I have already taken the car on two 200 mile round trips to Vegas. It handled great and was a comfortable ride.

After a few times driving I had the shifting dialed in. The clutch is a soft clutch. I was expecting it to be a lot stiffer, but happy it wasn't. As someone else mentioned, it's not a Porsche. I get good acceleration with enough power to get up to speed and move through traffic. I did notice that very steep hills it did require downshifting (to 4th) if under 55 in some cases, but that's why I wanted a manual. I hated "putting my foot in it" just to get the Kia to go sometimes. The Kia paddle shifting is a joke. The Compass handles speeds up to at least 85 with no problems at all. I'm sure it can handle more, I just haven't pushed it yet since it's still new. There's plenty of pedal left for accelerating. The ride is smooth and fairly quiet. Braking is smooth and not grabby like my Kia which makes me, hubby and our dog happy.

The only thing I miss is some of the technology the Kia had. I have to use my mp3 player instead of having an internal storage built into my radio. The "miles till empty" and "miles per gallon" features were nice on my Kia as well. Keyless entry (will be installing aftermarket soon) and power windows are missing on the Compass too. There's a good bit more room in the Compass and it does "sit up" a little higher which I really like.

Jeep should be ashamed!
By Mike McGantic

2015 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have never written a review for an automobile and do not do so frivolously.
I recently rented a Jeep Compass for two weeks. It had 8,000 miles on it and was relatively new.
Let me start by saying that this is by far the worst vehicle I have ever driven.
When getting in the car you are instantly jarred at how poor the visibility from the driver's seat is.
The most troubling aspect of the vehicle is the acceleration power.
I have driven Hyundai cars with more power. The engine is totally inadequate for this size vehicle.
I would go so far as to say that this vehicle should not be legal for driving on highways.
If you are in a situation when you need power, it will not be there.
The steering is also very shaky at speeds over 60 and great concentration and focus is necessary to keep the vehicle
going straight.
Driving this is very much a chore and it is not a vehicle that you want to take out unless absolutely necessary.
The instrumentation is a joke and is a sad feat for American engineering.
In any case, whatever you do, do not buy this vehicle.

The little Jeep that couldnt....
By J G

2015 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So I got stuck renting this "SUV". I have never liked Jeep. Never had the aspirations of buying one. When the first told me this is what I'd be driving my ears perked up.... Maybe I was wrong... It was a 16 model so I assumed it was going to be nice. Yeah...no. I first got into it and instantly got transported back to the "Stone Age" with the most sub-par interior I've ever seen (in a 2012 and newer). I told myself "It's only for a few days, you'll live". About didn't. Upon leaving the rental place, the car switched from Auto to bump shift manual. Not gonna lie, scared the crap out of me when you're on a busy 4 lane. Back in automatic I start to accelerate. Thought the car was going to die. Now I own a FRS so I was used to a little bit of get-up-and-go. This was more like get-up-and-go die in a hole. In my opinion there is no excuse in such a poor quality vehicle. I think I would drive an Aztek over it. At least the Aztek came with the fold out tent. With seats the make you feel like your sitting on Play-Doh, a dash and center console straight from the 90's (minus Satellite radio), the acceleration of a 2-legged turtle, the comfort of a bed with only a boxspring, the ride like you felt as if your on a surface equivalent to bubble wrap, the amount of blind spots to make Ray Charles jealous....Sorry Jeep, in my opinion this is a failure...only gave 1 Star because 0 wasn't an option.