Used 2014 Jeep Compass SUV Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Reviews

2014 Jeep Compass SUV

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

Great car!!!
By Mae

2014 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Love my new car,this is my first SUV . I purchased the car in may of this yr. The car is awesome it fit my family well. No problems with anything. Thank you Paul Blanco is when purchased the car.

It's a Love/Hate relationship
By Neola Fritz

2014 Jeep Compass SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

First off: has been very very dependable without asking anything extra from me. Can't say that about all my relationships.
Pricey with a few "frills" missing. Like no locking "glove box" Like no electronic plug-in in the rear seat area. Like no little blinkin' lights on the left and right rear view outside mirrors to warn people I'm changing lanes. Guess that's their problem, not mine.
Safety issue: Driver's side windshield piler is so wide that is blocks view when making left hand turns.
The frills that I LOVE are heated leather seats, rear view camera, nice to open the door and SLIDE right in (17 inch wheels!) and with the open sunroof interior slide open my hair looks gorgeous.
Front drivers seat very comfortable. Haven't ridden in the passenger seat. Well, someone had to drive.

Excellent little 4x4 SUV
By caplking

2014 Jeep Compass SUV Latitude 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased my Compass in July this year. I wanted a Compass True North but Jeep does not build one, just for the auto shows. So I purchased my Compass 2.4, six speed auto,4x4. Using the spec's found for the True North, I built one. I added the two inch lift kit and added a performance intake. This is the best SUV I have ever had. I truly love driving the Compass. For those who complain that the engine is sluggish, a performance intake will fix the issue without effecting gas mileage. The lift kit is for better off-roading. No mountain climbing or forging rivers, just good off-roading fun.

Terrible car
By cad700

2014 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just got the 2.4 automatic Compass Limited last week.
It's a fleet vehicle, didn't have a choice so didn't test driver one.
Picked up the car one evening, didn't do anything but drive home 5 miles.
Woke up the next morning and the remote access buttons on the key did not work, used the key, got in, started the car and the radio wasn't working either.
All kinds of similar issues.
I'm sure that can be fixed but the biggest problem is the engine/powertrain.
The vehicle does terrible when you try to accelerate to change lane or merge, pulls to the point of almost losing control.
I drove a '12 Escape with a 2.5 engine, much more powerful engine.

It looks more like the rest of the vehicles that look like the offspring of a crossover and an SUV. I saw the Compass and really liked the new body, looks like an SUV and the interior was also very nice.

The engine and suspension are terrible. The car feels really unstable over 75 MPH. The option to switch to manual shifting has no safeguard to make sure it is not inadvertently engaged. I often rest my hand on the gear shifter and engage it, all you have to do is move the shifter to one side and the car is in manual. I'm sure a lot of children will bump it and engage it.

Another Good Jeep
By trainwreck68

2014 Jeep Compass SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have had the Compass for 6 months now. We previously had a 2007 Liberty, and 2000 Cherokee. This Compass has been terrific despite what the "expert" reviews say. It is a CROSSOVER SUV it's not ment to be a hardcore off roader(buy a Wrangler). The 2.4L engine with 6 speed has enough power, it's not going to win the Daytona 500 but has plenty to get out of it's own way and it is very quiet to me, unless you floor the gas pedal all the time. As a matter of fact at idle we can't hear or feel it running.
I am 6ft, 300lbs. and have no issues with interior room or comfort. Been averaging 24 to 25mpg with mixed city/hwy driving.(30 to 31mpg when we take a road trip).For $25,000 you can't beat it

Fuel economy, Styling, ride comfort