2014 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:
Terrible car
By cad700 on 08/03/14 16:46 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just got the 2.4 automatic Compass Limited last week. It's a fleet vehicle, didn't have a choice so didn't test driver one. Picked up the car one evening, didn't do anything but drive home 5 miles. Woke up the next morning and the remote access buttons on the key did not work, used the key, got in, started the car and the radio wasn't working either. All kinds of similar issues. I'm sure that can be fixed but the biggest problem is the engine/powertrain. The vehicle does terrible when you try to accelerate to change lane or merge, pulls to the point of almost losing control. I drove a '12 Escape with a 2.5 engine, much more powerful engine.

Another Good Jeep
By trainwreck68 on 07/15/14 06:14 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Compass SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have had the Compass for 6 months now. We previously had a 2007 Liberty, and 2000 Cherokee. This Compass has been terrific despite what the "expert" reviews say. It is a CROSSOVER SUV it's not ment to be a hardcore off roader(buy a Wrangler). The 2.4L engine with 6 speed has enough power, it's not going to win the Daytona 500 but has plenty to get out of it's own way and it is very quiet to me, unless you floor the gas pedal all the time. As a matter of fact at idle we can't hear or feel it running. I am 6ft, 300lbs. and have no issues with interior room or comfort. Been averaging 24 to 25mpg with mixed city/hwy driving.(30 to 31mpg when we take a road trip).For $25,000 you can't beat it

Low cost SUV
By izaclown1 on 02/24/14 12:35 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Never owned a Jeep before, but I bought the 5 speed with the 2.4L engine. I have put 2k+ on it so far. It is a fun car to drive with plenty of room for me at 6'1".

I Love it!
By abbeykadabbey on 01/28/14 10:51 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have read a lot of poor reviews on this vehicle and I have to be honest, I'm quite surprised. I absolutely love my 2014 Jeep Latitude 2.4 4x4. It drives amazing in the snow. I feel so safe and I also test drove a few other vehicles, including the Nissan Rogue. I absolutely hated the interior of the Rogue and felt it display screen was very outdated as compared to the Jeep touch screen 6.5 display. I definitely recommend the Lattitudes. I didn't test drive the sport though, so maybe thats what people were unhappy with.

don't buy Jeep
By grammielil5 on 08/25/13 01:11 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought one and had to sell it back within 3 months due to seal of driver side window/door doesn't seal. In service X 3 and Jeep notified by me.......Now I see everywhere on internet numerous compaints! I just got subaru outback and it's great and made all in America

Not bad for the money, dont pay sticker though
By himold1 on 08/06/13 04:52 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife wanted it, I think its decent. Drives nicely, well equipped. Got a great deal on it and a pleasant transaction as well.

A Neat Little Rig
By smitty82 on 07/06/13 15:09 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Your review mentions sluggish acceleration and cramped back seat. I found the opposite. I bought the Sport 4X2 with 2.4 engine and 6-speed automatic (your review had the CVT and had not tested the 6-speed). I tried the CVT and waited for the 6-speed; I'm glad I did. I drove the 2.0 engine and it was too weak, but the 2.4 is fine. And the 6-speed is a big improvement over the CVT. It has plenty of room- front and back- for a small vehicle. I compared the Escape, RAV4, Subaru, Mitsubishi, and others, including the Dart, Focus, and Avenger.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Jeep Compass Suv in VA is:

$136 per month*