2014 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:
Low cost SUV
By izaclown1 on 02/24/14 12:35 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Never owned a Jeep before, but I bought the 5 speed with the 2.4L engine. I have put 2k+ on it so far. It is a fun car to drive with plenty of room for me at 6'1".

I Love it!
By abbeykadabbey on 01/28/14 10:51 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have read a lot of poor reviews on this vehicle and I have to be honest, I'm quite surprised. I absolutely love my 2014 Jeep Latitude 2.4 4x4. It drives amazing in the snow. I feel so safe and I also test drove a few other vehicles, including the Nissan Rogue. I absolutely hated the interior of the Rogue and felt it display screen was very outdated as compared to the Jeep touch screen 6.5 display. I definitely recommend the Lattitudes. I didn't test drive the sport though, so maybe thats what people were unhappy with.

don't buy Jeep
By grammielil5 on 08/25/13 01:11 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought one and had to sell it back within 3 months due to seal of driver side window/door doesn't seal. In service X 3 and Jeep notified by me.......Now I see everywhere on internet numerous compaints! I just got subaru outback and it's great and made all in America

Not bad for the money, dont pay sticker though
By himold1 on 08/06/13 04:52 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife wanted it, I think its decent. Drives nicely, well equipped. Got a great deal on it and a pleasant transaction as well.

A Neat Little Rig
By smitty82 on 07/06/13 15:09 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Your review mentions sluggish acceleration and cramped back seat. I found the opposite. I bought the Sport 4X2 with 2.4 engine and 6-speed automatic (your review had the CVT and had not tested the 6-speed). I tried the CVT and waited for the 6-speed; I'm glad I did. I drove the 2.0 engine and it was too weak, but the 2.4 is fine. And the 6-speed is a big improvement over the CVT. It has plenty of room- front and back- for a small vehicle. I compared the Escape, RAV4, Subaru, Mitsubishi, and others, including the Dart, Focus, and Avenger.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Jeep Compass Suv in WA is:

$122 per month*