2014 Jeep Compass Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

2014 Jeep Compass

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

A Neat Little Rig
By smitty82

2014 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Your review mentions sluggish acceleration and cramped back seat. I found the opposite. I bought the Sport 4X2 with 2.4 engine and 6-speed automatic (your review had the CVT and had not tested the 6-speed). I tried the CVT and waited for the 6-speed; I'm glad I did. I drove the 2.0 engine and it was too weak, but the 2.4 is fine. And the 6-speed is a big improvement over the CVT. It has plenty of room- front and back- for a small vehicle. I compared the Escape, RAV4, Subaru, Mitsubishi, and others, including the Dart, Focus, and Avenger.

Favorite Features

I like the size- small on the outside, big inside. Plenty of room for grandkids, dogs, yard supplies, etc. It will tow my boat, run the back roads, get 30 mpg on the highway (24 in town) and cruise cross-country in comfort. I've put 5000 miles on it in two months and my wife loves it. The price was right- less than $ 22,000. And it is American- made; engine made in Michigan, final assembly in Illinois. Plus a 100,000 power train warranty.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would like to see is removable headrests on the back seat- they block rearward visibility, so we often keep the seats folded down. And even the base Model Compass should have a compass- it doesn't!

don't buy Jeep
By grammielil5

2014 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought one and had to sell it back within 3 months due to seal of driver side window/door doesn't seal. In service X 3 and Jeep notified by me.......Now I see everywhere on internet numerous compaints! I just got subaru outback and it's great and made all in America

Suggested Improvements

Jeep needs to recall thier vehicles and fix the seal also work on public relations..All I can say is the big bosses must make millions and really don;t care about the vehicles they're making.