Fits my needs perfectly
By wmillonig on
2012 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
After 2 months and 2k miles, am ready to give you observations. They're almost all good, I've been been very happy so far. Fit & Finish is fine and I've had no issues at all during the break-in period. I chose this over a comparably equipped 2012 Ford Escape. Would I buy another someday? Probably, but if they gave it better thigh support? Definitely!!
Favorite Features
- Exterior Styling is terrific - Love the touch screen - The BA sound is much better than Escape's Sony - Awesome rear seat leg room, I'm tall guy, but can set the driver's seat position for my self and still comfortably fit in the back. - Rear seats fold nice and flat, it is narrower by about 2" than the Escape, but in the congested urban environment I live in, I have no trouble parking it. - Have the tow package, gives me more towing capacity than just about any other 4cyl in its class - Terrific ride, found it to be very responsive, good feel for the road, and takes the bumps well - More than $3K cheaper than the Escape
Suggested Improvements
Now the bad & the ugly. - No thigh support for the seats, the seat bottoms are about 2 inches too short, they don't extend far enough toward your knees. I got used to it, but it is the biggest shortcoming (remember, I'm 6'3" though) - It is noisy, but the CVT quiets down after a few minutes. I found the 4cyl Escape to be just as noisy though - Had hoped for a little better mileage. I can get the sticker (26 highway), but it drops quickly above about 65 mph. Best I've been able to eke out in town is 19 (sticker was 21).
By wmillonig
on 05/30/12 05:15 AM (PDT)

Update... A place to rate the fuel economy did not show when I filled out the critique or I would have dinged it. Also, I've towed with it twice and find it tows its allowable weight very capably.