Used 2012 Jeep Compass SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

GET A JEEP COMPASS
By harding2

2012 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After a few months of owning my 2012 Jeep Compass I can confidently say that I Love It! I read so many reviews saying the gas mileage isn't good but those people must have a lead foot! I get 26-27 mpg highway and about 23 in town. I got this vehicle for a steal with only 40,000 miles on it. Mine has the Bluetooth features, calling capabilities, satellite radio, 4x4 / tow package, etc. all for under $15,000! Such an upgrade from my tiny little car (which I loved as well). Took me forever to decide on an SUV with good reviews and this one was it! Don't hesitate buying one! Drives great in the snow too! LOVE IT!

The fog lights and cup holder lights are two of my favorite stylish features. I also love the front of the Jeep that matches the expensive Jeep Cherokee look. So many extras on this little beast! Wish I had the remote start on mine, but will be having it added soon. I went with the sport but the latitude package is pretty sweet too! Couldn't find the latitude around my area with 4x4 and tow. The automatic transmission works really great too! This SUV does not lack in power for the regular driver not out to speed race.

The front driver seats have this little side piece made of plastic that breaks easily. When I bought mine it was busted so I replaced it and busted it again myself! Pretty cheap little piece I wish it didn't have. That's really the ONLY thing I have to say bad about the SUV! I thought this would be like driving a "Mom Car / Soccer Wagon" but it isn't! Feel just as sporty as ever!

Mine is sluggish
By artyitalian

2012 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

After driving 30 or so miles continuously, the jeep will not accelerate properly. It "bucks" and skips after coming to a complete stop, then pressing on the gas ped. It does this for about 300 feet, then something catches and it starts driving ok again. I brought the to the Jeep dealership in Brandon Florida, and they say that unless they can re-create the event, there's nothing they can do. The car is narrow, not roomy or comfortable. There are a few unsafe blind spots from the driver's view. Specifically front left. Be careful driving through a crowded parking lot, as this blind spot can block out a complete person. The exterior design is cute. The mpg is more like 19 city and 22 hwy.

I like the outlet and the USB connection. Also the navigation system is nice, but only works in Florida.

Someone definitely needs to look into the engine problems! Also, the front seat needs to be less narrow. I would also work on some of the blind spots, they are worse than any other car I've ever driven.

A lot to offer for the price
By notimeforh8

2012 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle for lifestyle and utility, for carrying bikes and sports gear and light hauling from the nursery or hardware store. This base Sport FWD with CVT has a lot to offer for the price. Among the standard power options, it also has cruise control, ipod jack, fog lights, heated mirrors, dark tinted glass on the rear windows, good looking 17 inch alloy wheels, fold flat rear seats and roof rails. Since I primarily haul bikes, I purchased the factory cross bars and then added bike racks. Nearly every other comparable vehicle has these options (if available at all) only on much higher end models that cost many thousands more.

Roof rack, heated mirrors, dark tinted rear glass

Try it for yourself
By snowman54

2012 Jeep Compass SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

If i had made my decision soley on edmunds review i would not own a compass. totally satisfied plenty of power if you want more buy a 8 cylinder.i got 26 mpg on the highway cruising at 70 mph drove 400 miles my first trip comfort was excellent.my wife loves it

Affordable Compact SUV
By 1chris1

2012 Jeep Compass SUV Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

2 months searching suv's i decided on a left over compass. I receaved a really great deal and they installed remote start for free. the highway gas milage is great concidering i drive 30K a year. 2.4 is alittle sluggish but gets you where your going. Most people i've spoken too like the new look and yes it does resemble the grand chrokee. All things concidered so far i'm a happy JEEP owner.

4x4 came in handy already.remote start. exterior design.

Need to tweek the 2.4 for alittle more output.