2012 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:
GET A JEEP COMPASS
By harding2 on 01/24/14 11:43 AM (PST)

2012 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After a few months of owning my 2012 Jeep Compass I can confidently say that I Love It! I read so many reviews saying the gas mileage isn't good but those people must have a lead foot! I get 26-27 mpg highway and about 23 in town. I got this vehicle for a steal with only 40,000 miles on it. Mine has the Bluetooth features, calling capabilities, satellite radio, 4x4 / tow package, etc. all for under $15,000! Such an upgrade from my tiny little car (which I loved as well). Took me forever to decide on an SUV with good reviews and this one was it! Don't hesitate buying one! Drives great in the snow too! LOVE IT!

Mine is sluggish
By artyitalian on 03/02/13 13:30 PM (PST)

2012 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

After driving 30 or so miles continuously, the jeep will not accelerate properly. It "bucks" and skips after coming to a complete stop, then pressing on the gas ped. It does this for about 300 feet, then something catches and it starts driving ok again. I brought the to the Jeep dealership in Brandon Florida, and they say that unless they can re-create the event, there's nothing they can do. The car is narrow, not roomy or comfortable. There are a few unsafe blind spots from the driver's view. Specifically front left. Be careful driving through a crowded parking lot, as this blind spot can block out a complete person. The exterior design is cute. The mpg is more like 19 city and 22 hwy.

A lot to offer for the price
By notimeforh8 on 01/28/13 20:21 PM (PST)

2012 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle for lifestyle and utility, for carrying bikes and sports gear and light hauling from the nursery or hardware store. This base Sport FWD with CVT has a lot to offer for the price. Among the standard power options, it also has cruise control, ipod jack, fog lights, heated mirrors, dark tinted glass on the rear windows, good looking 17 inch alloy wheels, fold flat rear seats and roof rails. Since I primarily haul bikes, I purchased the factory cross bars and then added bike racks. Nearly every other comparable vehicle has these options (if available at all) only on much higher end models that cost many thousands more.

Try it for yourself
By snowman54 on 01/12/13 04:48 AM (PST)

2012 Jeep Compass Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

If i had made my decision soley on edmunds review i would not own a compass. totally satisfied plenty of power if you want more buy a 8 cylinder.i got 26 mpg on the highway cruising at 70 mph drove 400 miles my first trip comfort was excellent.my wife loves it

Affordable Compact SUV
By 1chris1 on 01/06/13 07:57 AM (PST)

2012 Jeep Compass Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

2 months searching suv's i decided on a left over compass. I receaved a really great deal and they installed remote start for free. the highway gas milage is great concidering i drive 30K a year. 2.4 is alittle sluggish but gets you where your going. Most people i've spoken too like the new look and yes it does resemble the grand chrokee. All things concidered so far i'm a happy JEEP owner.

Great Value
By craig65 on 09/22/12 04:33 AM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Compass Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Had Liberty,hated it!!Thie actually has more interior room than Liberty, nicer interior an much better gas mileage!

Great small family vehicle
By ek900 on 08/27/12 18:53 PM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The birth of our son got the clock ticking on my wife's Mini Cooper, and about a month ago, we traded it on a Jeep Compass Sport (FWD, 5spd., 2.4L engine). While the Jeep was a great value, it really compares well to similarly-sized SUVs (Ford Escape, Subaru Forrester). It isn't a performance vehicle, but some of its features are really well thought out. The rear cargo light/flashlight has already come in handy, and the two-level storage in the armrest is very nice. It also also has done very well with gas. We've averaged over 26 mpg for the first 2,000 miles, better than we expected. This little Jeep is not the most refined car we've ever owned, but it is an impressive package.

Love My Compass!
By polarbare49 on 06/15/12 23:44 PM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Compass Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

After doing 4 months of extensive research on various small SUVs, the Compass Lattitude 4x4 proved to be the best value for my dollar. Love the new 'baby Grand Cherokee' design. Decent gas mileage with surprisingly more power than I was lead to believe from reading the expert reviews. Handles like a car but still has the solid build of a Jeep SUV. All in all, IMHO, beats the Rav4,

Fits my needs perfectly
By wmillonig on 05/26/12 07:32 AM (PDT)

2012 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

After 2 months and 2k miles, am ready to give you observations. They're almost all good, I've been been very happy so far. Fit & Finish is fine and I've had no issues at all during the break-in period. I chose this over a comparably equipped 2012 Ford Escape. Would I buy another someday? Probably, but if they gave it better thigh support? Definitely!!

Cherokee lite?
By jeepgeek on 01/19/12 19:15 PM (PST)

2012 Jeep Compass Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Much better than old design, retuned cvt big upgrade quieter and much better ride!! Sold them for years so believe me if it sucked would have bought a liberty!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Jeep Compass in NJ is:

$267 per month*