This Jeep Compass has been, without a doubt, the worst car I've ever owned. Major issues include:
1. A new transmission at 30k miles, all on the highway; paid for by Chrysler at least
2. Two new sets of struts within the first 30k miles
3. Brakes audibly squeak 100% of the time at 35k miles
4. Weather striping replaced at 20k miles, road and wind noise are both still unbearable
5. Both of the front doors are rattle traps
6. The stereo faceplate fell off at 10k miles
These vehicles also drop like a rock in value, much moreso than others in this class.
Remote start is standard on the Latitude.
Just about everything. The vehicle looks decent from the front, but the road and wind noise, the transmission, and everything else needs to be fully replaced. I do see that most of these changes have been implemented for the 2014 model, though. The CVT in this car is awful; it grinds to a halt the second you take your foot off the gas with zero coasting ability. Driving at low speeds -- through school zones, etc. -- is an exercise in frustration, with the car alternating between grinding to a stop and jerking to accelerate.