2011 Jeep Compass Quality 180 deg off
By faultycompass on
2011 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
We have been loyal Jeep customers buying new Grand Cherokee and Compass Limiteds for years. When my wife saw the 2011 Compass redesign advertised on TV she had to have one. We traded our 2007 Compass in on a new 2011. Then the troubles started showing up. The key fobs would not work, then the TPMS system failed on the freeway. The first attempt to repair resulted in a 3.5 waiting room stint with no idea how to fix it. No loaner cars. I left the car at another dealer for a week and still not able to fix it. After 3 weeks of ownership we are totally disgusted. It appears that we now have a safety systems related lemon. Chrysler Customer assistance is of no help and unsympathetic.
Suggested Improvements
Test cars at the factory before delivering to dealers for sale
By ismyjeepok
on 06/06/11 13:05 PM (PDT)

I am thinking there is a problem at the 2011 Jeep Compass factory (made in the USA, AKA Singapore), just had a massive oil leak caused by an overtightened oil filter from the factory. Dealership claimed it was overtightened from the factory anyway. I am not impressed, car only has 4900 miles on it!! Better factory checks are needed.