Used 2011 Jeep Compass SUV Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Reviews

2011 Jeep Compass SUV

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

Question
By Barb Plante

2011 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

My Husband is having trouble seeing out of the windows because of the wide panels from front windshield to window. Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks Barb

Look elsewhere
By J

2011 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I had my compass not even 2 weeks after I bought it before I had transmission issues. Every time I tried going on a road trip and it went past an hr of driving, the transmission light would come on, the rpm's rose and the speed decreased....

It has been in the shop 9x over the last 7 months and between the dealer and Chrysler I can't seem to get them to realize the importance of having a car that you are paying on (ins and car payment). It has been at a dealership waiting for Chrysler to give the go ahead for a new transmission for 3 weeks now...

A nightmare! If they hadn't guaranteed me a manufacturer warranty on the transmission I would be responsible. But the car is under the 100,000 mile warranty mark.

Problem!?! The car and the fact that I was sold a Canadian car without my knowledge and that is the loophole that is screwing me.

Do yourself a favor, don't think twice about a compass and make sure it wasn't brought over the border!!!

Would probably never buy again.
By sara1213

2011 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased our 2011 Compass in December of 2013. Loved the Jeep for a few days until I realized how awful the gas mileage is! At best it only gets 240 per 16 gallon around the city and that's during the summer when the traction is turned off. After a few months of ownership, the side plastic piece along the passenger seat broke from simply getting in and out of the seat. Now today, January of 2015, at 37K miles it had to be towed twice due to computer issues not sending signals to the fuel pump. Can't wait to see that shop bill and can't wait to get a new vehicle!

Limited edition: heated seats, heated mirrors, 4x4.

Needs tilt seat for driver's side and better gas mileage for as small of a Jeep it is.

Texas Compass with Latitude
By awoerner

2011 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased this vehicle brand new, after turning in an H3 lease vehicle. I was apprehensive because it was an American made car, but my lack of issues with the Hummer gave me confidence. I did no prior research.
It has been very reliable! However, I have not achieved the mileage on the sticker, city or highway. The road noise is loud, so I will be getting soundproofing done. I rarely have passengers, yet no one has fussed yet (Viking son as exception-needs to be up front). The map lights have leaked, usually because I left the sunroof up during an unexpected rain. The brakes are intermittently noisy, starting at year two of ownership. Hoping to drive it until it dies or I tire of it.

Sun roof makes my day! This was a required element or accessory. The navigation is nice, but only nice. The back deck speaker sounds great, but with no accessory position, how do I use it without having keys in the ignition? The fold down seat allows me to haul a dishwasher, most home improvement supplies and plant materials with the split seat design. I have taken it on roads trips, withing five hours of home with no consequence. My favorite thing is that it has been an economically friendly purchase, with low or no maintenance costs. Normal maintenance, but need to replace the wipers after three years. It's all good. Heated seats!

Road noise is a pet annoyance. The interior feels very cheap and plastic is the norm. Why can't I get a quality vehicle AND quality accessories? Heated seats (yeah) but no lamp for the vanity mirrors? I vacuum the carpet and it is pilling (from day one). I wish the console were smarter-the change pocket is under the arm rest causing a lot of the change to end up between the seats. The a/c has begun to get funky-sometimes blowing at previous levels, but recently starting to notice the fan not pushing out at accustomed speed. I will be checking the fuse box connections. The check engine light came on yesterday, fluids all check good. Maybe a dealership come-on and let us "check" you?

worst jeep ever
By mammacompass

2011 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I was forced into purchasing a 201 compass brand new in 2011. I have three kids, they do not fit in back seat,
they are so cramped! not to mention the whole thing is just small! I've had to take it in because if a noise turn out front lower
arm
controls
were
broke,
they replaced them they were
under warranty,
the day
after I
got them fixed
I'm
not
lying I backed out of my drive way and it sounded like
plastic
I'm
assumeing
it's the
arm controls again!
I've been to busy to have it fixed
but I
can tell steering is bad and every time I hit bump I hear the creaking. hate this car!

no favorite features

make it bigger puts parts on it that don't break easily