2011 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:
worst jeep ever
By mammacompass on 06/04/13 12:05 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I was forced into purchasing a 201 compass brand new in 2011. I have three kids, they do not fit in back seat, they are so cramped! not to mention the whole thing is just small! I've had to take it in because if a noise turn out front lower arm controls were broke, they replaced them they were under warranty, the day after I got them fixed I'm not lying I backed out of my drive way and it sounded like plastic cracking in a million pieces, and then there was the creaking noise again! so I'm assumeing it's the arm controls again! I've been to busy to have it fixed but I can tell steering is bad and every time I hit bump I hear the creaking. hate this car!

A total nightmare
By joshregenold on 01/29/13 14:30 PM (PST)

2011 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This Jeep Compass has been, without a doubt, the worst car I've ever owned. Major issues include: 1. A new transmission at 30k miles, all on the highway; paid for by Chrysler at least 2. Two new sets of struts within the first 30k miles 3. Brakes audibly squeak 100% of the time at 35k miles 4. Weather striping replaced at 20k miles, road and wind noise are both still unbearable 5. Both of the front doors are rattle traps 6. The stereo faceplate fell off at 10k miles These vehicles also drop like a rock in value, much moreso than others in this class.

I love it
By larabeelw on 01/23/12 07:35 AM (PST)

2011 Jeep Compass SUV 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I would like to say I am Very Happy with my Purchase. I bought the 2wd 2.0 5Spd Manual. I have been through 3 tanks of gas. I do not count the 1st one because I do not know if the dealership actually fill it all the way. But on the 2nd and 3rd tanks I got 30.1MPG and 30.9mpg (done with manual calculations miles/gallons). I love it. Hope it just keeps getting better. I drive about 90% highway, 65MPH or less. I also have a ScanGaugeII That helps in Drive technique. So I will probably improve the MPG some. I chose this because of the bang for the buck. Compared to others you get a lot for your money.

Back in the Jeep family and LOVE it!!!
By snowmommy on 01/13/12 07:14 AM (PST)

2011 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I had a Jeep Liberty for 9 years and loved it except the gas mileage. We let my daughter take it to college and we brought a foreign brand SUV. I had a terrible time parking and backing up. We were going to purchase a car when we saw the 2011 Jeep Compass and liked the looks. We took it for a test drive and loved it.....it felt like back home with the Jeep Family. It is a program vehicle with 14,000 miles. We get 24.7 MPG which is better than my 19.3 on the foreign brand SUV. I'm happy and when Mamma is happy.....Everyone is HAPPY!

Outstanding in Snow
By tuckers_mom on 01/12/12 08:18 AM (PST)

2011 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I've had this vehicle since spring, so I never got a chance to drive it in snow or on slippery roads. We finally had a serious snow storm and I have to say this Compass is outstanding! No slipping, sliding, great traction. Simply amazing all the way around. It's also been 100% totally reliable since day one. I'm very pleased.

Go with the automatic :()
By motown_guy on 12/13/11 23:16 PM (PST)

2011 Jeep Compass SUV 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I went with the manual tranny which I regret. The low torgue requires you to bump up the rpm's quite a bit to get this thing going. Once going it's fairly responsive as long as you keep the tach above 1800 or so. If you shift at or above around 3200 or so, you feel a LOT of vibration coming back thru the clutch pedal and the reverse gear seems to have been delivered with some rough teeth - sounds like you are grinding hamburger if you go very far in reverse. Handling on the other hand is very good. It's fun to corner with this rig and it stays very flat. It's quite on decent roads and rides comfortably. The center armrest is too short and cumbersome (it moves fore and aft).

2011 Compass
By cpollick on 06/29/11 17:53 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This was my first new vehicle purchase. I traded in my 06 Mazda hatch for the jeep. I had loved the Mazda and it's sporty-ness, but we were looking to get a family vehicle. The jeep is very sporty yet still the SUV feel. My gas mileage is decent( it'd be better if I drove it more like an SUV and not my Mazda). Great Jeep! (especially for the money)

Dangerous on Highway
By jtthrew on 06/27/11 09:18 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

We had purchase our Jeep Compass Latitude 6 weeks ago. While driving on the freeway there was a loud explosion type sound and then the front driver's side collapsed. Luckily my son was able to safely get to the center divide and stop only to find that the entire front driver's wheel had completely snapped off leaving only the center part of the hub cap bolted on and the rotar filed down. The Highway patrol officer and tow truck drivers had never seen anything like it. However, the dealership is trying to tell us that we must of hit a curb to cause a blowout. How does a blowout cause the entire wheel to rip off of a car? Others are telling us it's a possible design defect. BEWARE!

HOT LOOKING, BUT SMALL
By outwardlycheap on 06/06/11 16:11 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This car is one of the best looking on the road, but the driver's area is severely cramped, no room for the right knee, cannot steer with right hand because armrest is too far away, and no matter what anybody says, the engine IS noisy! I gave it to my wife.

Massive Oil Leak on 2011 Jeep Compass
By ismyjeepok on 06/06/11 12:58 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Attention 2011 Jeep Compass owners - Today I had a massive oil leak in my 2011 Jeep Compass, only had 4900 miles. Started my daily commute, which was interupted by a the oil light coming on. White smoke (oil smoke) was coming from the under side of the vehicle. Had it towed to the dealership and they found that the oil filter housing cracked, draining the engine of all but about 2 qtrs of oil. Dealership claimed the factory must have overtightened the oil filter, causing it to crack. I am now wondering how much life I just took off of my engine with low oil. Dealership simply did an oil change to resolve this issue. New Jeep owners beware, take no crap from the dealership...its documentated.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Jeep Compass Suv in VA is:

$123 per month*