Used 2011 Jeep Compass SUV Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

Perfect vehicle for us
By Paul Adams

2011 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

We bought this vehicle brand new in 2011 and have since put 80k miles on it. The first thing I can attest to is the reliability....absolutely nothing has gone wrong with it....we've simply changed the oil and spark plugs at regular intervals. As for safety, it has been rear-ended twice and my wife hit someone at an intersection and all three times the Compass was barely damaged and the other cars incurred significant damage. We have two kids who fit comfortably in the back and there is ample storage room. 2011 was also the first year the new grill design came out that you see on modern Jeeps so between that and the alloy wheels, the vehicle looks really nice and stylish. The only negative I have to say is that the interior is not top notch as there is a lot of plastic, but we did get light tan leather added for $1k which looks and feels much better than the stock cloth. I could not have bought a better vehicle for the price...$21k all in for a compact SUV that we have owned for over 5 years and will drive for another 5.

Worst car I have ever owned
By KC

2011 Jeep Compass SUV 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Yesterday was the 3rd greatest day of my life. 1. My daughter's birth in 2011. 2. My wedding in 2001. 3. The day I got rid of my Jeep Compass in 2016. Ok, so this car never left me on the side of the road, but it was the worst investment I have ever made. It did not hold value well at all and every time I turned around, some small part was breaking. There is a LOT of plastic on this car. And the seats are extremely cramped and uncomfortable for long drives. Very little cargo space. The power is dismal. Something is also flawed in the design to the point you have to roll all of the windows down if you roll down one window. It makes a very strange vibration if you don't. The transmission whines after long drives. Nothing wrong with it, it just whines. If you're looking for a car at this price point and have a family, go with the Kia Sorrento like I should have.

Question
By Barb Plante

2011 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

My Husband is having trouble seeing out of the windows because of the wide panels from front windshield to window. Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks Barb

Look elsewhere
By J

2011 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I had my compass not even 2 weeks after I bought it before I had transmission issues. Every time I tried going on a road trip and it went past an hr of driving, the transmission light would come on, the rpm's rose and the speed decreased....

It has been in the shop 9x over the last 7 months and between the dealer and Chrysler I can't seem to get them to realize the importance of having a car that you are paying on (ins and car payment). It has been at a dealership waiting for Chrysler to give the go ahead for a new transmission for 3 weeks now...

A nightmare! If they hadn't guaranteed me a manufacturer warranty on the transmission I would be responsible. But the car is under the 100,000 mile warranty mark.

Problem!?! The car and the fact that I was sold a Canadian car without my knowledge and that is the loophole that is screwing me.

Do yourself a favor, don't think twice about a compass and make sure it wasn't brought over the border!!!

Would probably never buy again.
By sara1213

2011 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased our 2011 Compass in December of 2013. Loved the Jeep for a few days until I realized how awful the gas mileage is! At best it only gets 240 per 16 gallon around the city and that's during the summer when the traction is turned off. After a few months of ownership, the side plastic piece along the passenger seat broke from simply getting in and out of the seat. Now today, January of 2015, at 37K miles it had to be towed twice due to computer issues not sending signals to the fuel pump. Can't wait to see that shop bill and can't wait to get a new vehicle!

Limited edition: heated seats, heated mirrors, 4x4.

Needs tilt seat for driver's side and better gas mileage for as small of a Jeep it is.