2011 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:
worst jeep ever
By mammacompass on 06/04/13 12:05 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I was forced into purchasing a 201 compass brand new in 2011. I have three kids, they do not fit in back seat, they are so cramped! not to mention the whole thing is just small! I've had to take it in because if a noise turn out front lower arm controls were broke, they replaced them they were under warranty, the day after I got them fixed I'm not lying I backed out of my drive way and it sounded like plastic cracking in a million pieces, and then there was the creaking noise again! so I'm assumeing it's the arm controls again! I've been to busy to have it fixed but I can tell steering is bad and every time I hit bump I hear the creaking. hate this car!

A total nightmare
By joshregenold on 01/29/13 14:30 PM (PST)

2011 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This Jeep Compass has been, without a doubt, the worst car I've ever owned. Major issues include: 1. A new transmission at 30k miles, all on the highway; paid for by Chrysler at least 2. Two new sets of struts within the first 30k miles 3. Brakes audibly squeak 100% of the time at 35k miles 4. Weather striping replaced at 20k miles, road and wind noise are both still unbearable 5. Both of the front doors are rattle traps 6. The stereo faceplate fell off at 10k miles These vehicles also drop like a rock in value, much moreso than others in this class.

Dangerous on Highway
By jtthrew on 06/27/11 09:18 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

We had purchase our Jeep Compass Latitude 6 weeks ago. While driving on the freeway there was a loud explosion type sound and then the front driver's side collapsed. Luckily my son was able to safely get to the center divide and stop only to find that the entire front driver's wheel had completely snapped off leaving only the center part of the hub cap bolted on and the rotar filed down. The Highway patrol officer and tow truck drivers had never seen anything like it. However, the dealership is trying to tell us that we must of hit a curb to cause a blowout. How does a blowout cause the entire wheel to rip off of a car? Others are telling us it's a possible design defect. BEWARE!

HOT LOOKING, BUT SMALL
By outwardlycheap on 06/06/11 16:11 PM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This car is one of the best looking on the road, but the driver's area is severely cramped, no room for the right knee, cannot steer with right hand because armrest is too far away, and no matter what anybody says, the engine IS noisy! I gave it to my wife.

Just Purchased 2011 Compass and Lovin' it!!
By ckeyes3 on 05/31/11 05:42 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

The 2011 Compass is a great car for the price! I also purchased the excellent extended warrantly that covers everything for as long as I own the car. There is also a decent manufacturer warranty when you purchase brand new. My Compass is loaded with all sorts of cool features to include: Cruise, heated seats, mp3 port, Sirius Satellite Radio, Bose sound system, lighted cup holders, plug-in coverter, TPM system, sunroof, and fold down seats.

Excellent Choice 2011 Jeep Compass
By pete131 on 05/23/11 08:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2011 jeep Compass 2 months ago. I absolutely love this Jeep. I was looking for an SUV to pull my Jet Ski, and pulls it effertlessly, and after looking at many SUV's in this catagory, the jeep Compass offered the most for the money. Other SUV's were thousands more. The redesign looks awesome. The inside is also very nice. I got the 2.4 L engine with the CVT, and the engine noise is not what reviews say, it is not noisy. The CVT is smooth. This vehicle does have enough power and is great on gas. (27 mpg) highway city is (21). It is fun to drive also. The Cargo area is good also. This is not a sports car or a truck, with that having been said, I love this new 2011 Jepp Compass.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Jeep Compass in VA is:

$119 per month*