Used 2011 Jeep Compass Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

Most Helpful|
Go with the automatic :()
By motown_guy

2011 Jeep Compass 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I went with the manual tranny which I regret. The low torgue requires you to bump up the rpm's quite a bit to get this thing going. Once going it's fairly responsive as long as you keep the tach above 1800 or so. If you shift at or above around 3200 or so, you feel a LOT of vibration coming back thru the clutch pedal and the reverse gear seems to have been delivered with some rough teeth - sounds like you are grinding hamburger if you go very far in reverse. Handling on the other hand is very good. It's fun to corner with this rig and it stays very flat. It's quite on decent roads and rides comfortably. The center armrest is too short and cumbersome (it moves fore and aft).

Favorite Features

Mileage is good but less than advertised - about 26 hwy for me driving nicely. Corners great, is fairly quite, but lacks power all around.

Suggested Improvements

The gas pedel spring is too week - you have to hold your foot up sometimes. The radio and heater knobs move to easily (try tuning with gloves on and NOT turn on the rear window defroster) or adjust the heat temp w/o turning on the a/c unintentionally - too wimpy Jeep... stiffen these controls up a bit - it's a Jeep after all not a Honda Civic! Clutch assy dampening would be good and do a better job of machining the reverse gearing in the manual transmission. Trip meter reset button on steering will is WAY too easy to press - another wimpy spring :)

I love it
By larabeelw

2011 Jeep Compass 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I would like to say I am Very Happy with my Purchase. I bought the 2wd 2.0 5Spd Manual. I have been through 3 tanks of gas. I do not count the 1st one because I do not know if the dealership actually fill it all the way. But on the 2nd and 3rd tanks I got 30.1MPG and 30.9mpg (done with manual calculations miles/gallons). I love it. Hope it just keeps getting better. I drive about 90% highway, 65MPH or less. I also have a ScanGaugeII That helps in Drive technique. So I will probably improve the MPG some. I chose this because of the bang for the buck. Compared to others you get a lot for your money.