2011 Jeep Compass 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2011 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

2011 Jeep Compass 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Base 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Compass model:
I love it
By larabeelw on 01/23/12 07:35 AM (PST)

2011 Jeep Compass 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I would like to say I am Very Happy with my Purchase. I bought the 2wd 2.0 5Spd Manual. I have been through 3 tanks of gas. I do not count the 1st one because I do not know if the dealership actually fill it all the way. But on the 2nd and 3rd tanks I got 30.1MPG and 30.9mpg (done with manual calculations miles/gallons). I love it. Hope it just keeps getting better. I drive about 90% highway, 65MPH or less. I also have a ScanGaugeII That helps in Drive technique. So I will probably improve the MPG some. I chose this because of the bang for the buck. Compared to others you get a lot for your money.

Go with the automatic :()
By motown_guy on 12/13/11 23:16 PM (PST)

2011 Jeep Compass 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I went with the manual tranny which I regret. The low torgue requires you to bump up the rpm's quite a bit to get this thing going. Once going it's fairly responsive as long as you keep the tach above 1800 or so. If you shift at or above around 3200 or so, you feel a LOT of vibration coming back thru the clutch pedal and the reverse gear seems to have been delivered with some rough teeth - sounds like you are grinding hamburger if you go very far in reverse. Handling on the other hand is very good. It's fun to corner with this rig and it stays very flat. It's quite on decent roads and rides comfortably. The center armrest is too short and cumbersome (it moves fore and aft).