2010 Jeep Compass Consumer Review: Outstanding, practical vehicle

2010 Jeep Compass - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Outstanding, practical vehicle
By Delighted owner on

2010 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Edmunds.com makes several claims that are 100% false. 1. They claim "uncomfortable ride". We just completed a trip to Vegas, about 500 miles round trip, most of it over some very rough and beat-up back roads. It was remarkably smooth going over potholes and patched up roadways. 2. Unimpressive acceleration? Well it doesn't compete with a fast sports car, but we passed several vehicles safely on two lane roads, and went up long steep hills with no problem. Power is definitely more than adequate. 3. Noisy cabin? This one takes the cake and makes me wonder if Edmunds was paid off to rate this vehicle so poorly. It is whisper quiet, about the quietest vehicle I've ridden in.

Smooth and comfortable ride. Practical size with easy handling.

So far, gas mileage is a bit lackluster (24 MPG HWY), but we've only checked two tanks on the HWY. We'll continue to monitor, and perhaps have it checked by the dealer if the same results at the end of the break-in.
By reegee
on 01/29/11 16:24 PM (PST)

I totally agree with Delighted owner's comments!! My 2010 Compass sport (2.4L 4x4 CVT automatic) is one heck of a value for every dollar spent!!!