2010 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:
Fuel
By janet on 09/01/10 19:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Eats up way too much gas. My 7 year old Kia got better miles than this no way I get 23 miles a gallon.

Compass Is A Great Value!
By DB on 08/10/10 13:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at three vehicles and chose the Compass. I'm glad I did. I drove Wranglers previously; this was my third Jeep. The vehicle looks great and is loaded with extras that dust other vehicles in the same class. I love the way it drives and handles. This is a solid vehicle and it's obvious a lot of well-planned engineering went into it. I wold recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a small 4X4 with great gas mileage.

New purchase
By FJ on 07/25/10 13:45 PM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have heard reviews of vehicle being sluggish. I am not having a problem with that. With this vehicle you have to be careful you are not running in low. If you knock the shifter in error you may be in low and not realize it which will cause it to be sluggish. (cvt models) This is a very stylish, comfortable, nice riding vehicle. It feels heavy and not chintzy like some vehicles, I test drove. I think I made a great choice.

Great car to scale down to
By Dave on 06/14/10 16:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the Compass when I turned in my Commander. I was worried about getting a smaller vehicle, but it is great. It has 6 speed manual or ride it in drive. I am averaging 26 mpg and I drive highway and city.

Jeep has a winner!
By Joey on 05/11/10 17:56 PM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We've owned this vehicle for several months now and it has performed beyond my expectations. On a recent trip to upstate New York the 5 speed Compass averaged 32 MPG, which is 3 MPG above the manufacturers claims. The vehicle is fun to drive, responds like a sports car on the curvy Rt. 664 in the Hocking Hills of Ohio where I live as I traverse to and fro work in Athens, Ohio on a daily basis. We are totally impressed with the awesome Chrysler design of this vehicle. We've been intrigued with Jeep products for many years and are now proud to own this (made in America) vehicle. I am delighted with this vehicle and would recommend it to my best friend. I'd rather drive a Jeep than a Toy.

I'm impressed!
By Joe on 04/14/10 12:37 PM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Compass SUV Sport Fleet 4dr SUV w/Prod. End 04/10 (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is such a fun vehicle to drive and it's traction control nimbleness on curvy highways is impressive. Mine has the 5 speed manual tranny and there is no problem with power even though the 2.4 L 4 banger is no "Hemi". I have clocked 30 mpg on the highway so far and that has me excited as well. The price I paid for this car plus the quality and value I received is noteworthy. Nothing in the Compass class comes close in my book and I say this after having checked them all out. I'd definitely buy another of these. My hat is off to Chrysler.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Jeep Compass Suv in VA is:

$122 per month*