Used 2010 Jeep Compass Sport SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

Thanks to Edmunds for the poor review
By skier15

2010 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a low cost reliable replacement for an old 4WD that was costing me a fortune to keep on the road. Thanks to the bad review, I was able to scoop up a certified used Jeep Compass with 2 years on the warranty for less than $16,000 (automatic with power package) -sweet! Why the bad review? It isn't a big tough off road vehicle, a honking big family/gear hauler, or a luxury vehicle. It is just a great everyday car. I found the interior nicer and more comfortable (reclining rear seats=less cargo space) than the Toyota RAV and it is less noisy and had better reliability than a pre 2009-Subaru Outback - both more $$. Getting 27 MPG mixed city/highway!

Great looks Good mileage Kind to rear seat passengers with plenty of legroom, reclining seats, and unbreakable cupholders. Electric outlet Can fold down front passenger and rear seats flat fitting 8 feet long carpet or vintage skis

Even better mileage More cargo space Power-adjust seats 4 year warranty

Outstanding, practical vehicle
By Delighted owner

2010 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Edmunds.com makes several claims that are 100% false. 1. They claim "uncomfortable ride". We just completed a trip to Vegas, about 500 miles round trip, most of it over some very rough and beat-up back roads. It was remarkably smooth going over potholes and patched up roadways. 2. Unimpressive acceleration? Well it doesn't compete with a fast sports car, but we passed several vehicles safely on two lane roads, and went up long steep hills with no problem. Power is definitely more than adequate. 3. Noisy cabin? This one takes the cake and makes me wonder if Edmunds was paid off to rate this vehicle so poorly. It is whisper quiet, about the quietest vehicle I've ridden in.

Smooth and comfortable ride. Practical size with easy handling.

So far, gas mileage is a bit lackluster (24 MPG HWY), but we've only checked two tanks on the HWY. We'll continue to monitor, and perhaps have it checked by the dealer if the same results at the end of the break-in.

Jeep has a winner!
By Joey

2010 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We've owned this vehicle for several months now and it has performed beyond my expectations. On a recent trip to upstate New York the 5 speed Compass averaged 32 MPG, which is 3 MPG above the manufacturers claims. The vehicle is fun to drive, responds like a sports car on the curvy Rt. 664 in the Hocking Hills of Ohio where I live as I traverse to and fro work in Athens, Ohio on a daily basis. We are totally impressed with the awesome Chrysler design of this vehicle. We've been intrigued with Jeep products for many years and are now proud to own this (made in America) vehicle. I am delighted with this vehicle and would recommend it to my best friend. I'd rather drive a Jeep than a Toy.

No hub caps that wobble as you drive (real wheels), super styling, comfortable seating and all the expected options are standard on this vehicle. Back lighted beverage holders, two trip odomoters, outside ambient temperature indicator, cruise, air, cd, everything you'd expect from a quality vehicle

If the mileage could improve to 50 MPG I'd be in Heaven but I'll live with 32.