2010 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:
love my compass
By penny1520 on 11/11/12 06:40 AM (PST)

2010 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2010 Compass used with 36000 miles automatic variable transmission I don't know why edmunds gave it such a bad review I love love love this vehicle the only thing I have to complain about is that I wish I would have gotten the latitude or limited instead of the sport but the next compass I buy will be one of those 2 models

Thanks to Edmunds for the poor review
By skier15 on 01/05/12 05:50 AM (PST)

2010 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a low cost reliable replacement for an old 4WD that was costing me a fortune to keep on the road. Thanks to the bad review, I was able to scoop up a certified used Jeep Compass with 2 years on the warranty for less than $16,000 (automatic with power package) -sweet! Why the bad review? It isn't a big tough off road vehicle, a honking big family/gear hauler, or a luxury vehicle. It is just a great everyday car. I found the interior nicer and more comfortable (reclining rear seats=less cargo space) than the Toyota RAV and it is less noisy and had better reliability than a pre 2009-Subaru Outback - both more $$. Getting 27 MPG mixed city/highway!

2010 Jeep Compass 4DR 4WD Sport
By phzzzt on 08/15/11 15:59 PM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great car for the money. We get 26 MPG on the Xway and 23 City. Only problem is the screws holding the roof rack have all rusted. I'm talking about a 16 month old car with under 16,000 miles that is kept in a garage. Since we noticed the rusting we have looked at other Compass' parked and noticed they all have rusted roof rack screws. Dealer will replace the screws but not with stainless steel as they should be. Suggest that if you own a Compass. you check for the same problem.

Impressed so far
By flbeachgirl on 07/10/11 09:15 AM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

So far I'm fairly impressed. I bought the 2010 4x4 Sport Automatic used with 32,000miles. I love how it looks, it's comfortable, has all the room I need & 4x4 capability. I've noticed that the top 1/2 of the gas tank does much better than the lower 1/2. Generally 28-29mpg compared to 22-23mpg respectively. I've also noticed the "wobble" during braking others have noticed but it doesn't happen frequently. It handles very well. It has stability & traction control. You can easily put the car in manual when needed. I have 2 complaints: There is a noticeable feel when the car downshifts (but smooth acceleration). For safety they should have adjustment buttons for the radio on the steering wheel

Sport (2.4L 4-cyl, 4x4 CVT automatic)
By reegee on 01/29/11 16:02 PM (PST)

2010 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

First, Edmunds doesn't even list my model. I bought a basic, bottom of the line compass. I even had to purchase, and install cruise control in the vehicle myself. It was an easy 20 minute job. The cruise unit, was plug-n-play! Rides great, very comfortable seats. Fit and finish of both the interior and exterior are great! It's my first American vehicle since 1984. I was pleasantly surprised of the quality. The price was fantastic compared to any other of the vehicles in its class!!! The back seat, when in the "up" position, really interferes with rear vision, so mine is always down. Combined mileage is a consistent 24MPG. HWY mileage varies between 27 and 29MPG.

Outstanding, practical vehicle
By Delighted owner on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Edmunds.com makes several claims that are 100% false. 1. They claim "uncomfortable ride". We just completed a trip to Vegas, about 500 miles round trip, most of it over some very rough and beat-up back roads. It was remarkably smooth going over potholes and patched up roadways. 2. Unimpressive acceleration? Well it doesn't compete with a fast sports car, but we passed several vehicles safely on two lane roads, and went up long steep hills with no problem. Power is definitely more than adequate. 3. Noisy cabin? This one takes the cake and makes me wonder if Edmunds was paid off to rate this vehicle so poorly. It is whisper quiet, about the quietest vehicle I've ridden in.

Loving it!
By Marine_Wife on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love this vehicle. It's comfortable to drive, and i have plenty of room for my toddler's seat in the back. The back seats are adjustable, so my husband was able to get her seat in super snug. I love the gas mileage with this. I live by the beach, so a 4x4 wasn't necessary. Just a great car for the price. The metallic paint is just gorgeous, too.

Really think about buying
By Luke on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Me and my wife owned these vehicle for about six weeks now. First let me say at the time of purchasing the compass it was a good buy after the first week had second thoughts first it was the ignition that went wrong then we got it back ad found it was not fixed so finally after two weeks they finally repaired it second the remote start was having problem they finally repaired that then found there was a oil leak that was coming from the timing cover in which the motor had to be removed from the car to repair so think long and hard about getting a jeep compass in its a hit or miss and another thing very loud inside the cabin due to the engine

Transmission concerns
By quick_learner on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Very smooth ride in the highway. However, a very different story in the city: While going on an uphill or flat road, accelerate the car to 25 mph, let off the pedal and you will feel the car shaking and even clunking. If you can take it, you will be fine, buy the car. If not, mark it off your list along with the patriot and dodge caliber which have the same CVT transmission.

Pleasant but ...
By diligent_buyer on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Useful tip for potential buyers: Drive preferably in slow traffic. While going on an uphill or flat road accelerate the car to 25 mph, let off the pedal and you will feel the car shaking. This will not go away as long as you own the car. If you can take it, you will be ok. This applies to the Jeep Patriot as well.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Jeep Compass Suv in VA is:

$122 per month*