2009 Jeep Compass Consumer Review: Syracuse to OC 12/19-22/09

2009 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Review

Syracuse to OC 12/19-22/09
By geeo on

2009 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this as a car for my daughter in SU in New York State, I live in California. We got a great deal with a lifetime power train warranty all for 14 new. My daughter wanted good snow and rain and a great radio with a aux socket for her I pod. On December 19 the we set out on a cross country trip. I could have shipped the car and her stuff but that was estimate 1400.00 the gas all 3345 miles was 184.81 adv 18.9 mpg. We drove through the largest snow storm in virginia has seen in 59 years. The Compass plowed through great. It knew how to adjust the traction for optimum mpg. We had the stock 17" Tires on it,no chains. This car is for the young at heart It is a great deal simple controls!

Transmission,acceleration,sound system cargo capacity, Simple controls with few electronics. Traction control system.

Light in engine compartment. More heavy duty lug wrench it cracked on my first use of it.