Used 2009 Jeep Compass SUV Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Reviews

2009 Jeep Compass SUV

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

15 Months later
By Zeferam_Cockran

2009 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After 15 months of driving as follows are some tips for potential buyer, I recommend a short term rental to try out (daily rental) and take close attention to the following, depending on your height and driving position this little truck may not be suitable for tall drivers ( 5'10"+ ), limited visibility due to A pillars, if you drive in a location where there are lots of pedestrians beware for posts completely block your side visibility, not sure if the patriot has the same issues but I have had several close calls, this also applies for rear view visibility and lane changes, this asides Compass is a good buy for the buck but would recommend the Patriot for any real Jeep enthusiast.

Flip switch lockable central differential. Front headlights provide excellent visibility for night driving with fog lamps Excellent handling for SUV Very decent fuel economy

Larger fuel tank a definite plus Eliminate the TPMS ( tire pressure monitor system ), have it and hate it More powerful engine would help Offer leather seat option for North trim Improved security system for window contacts Defrosting side mirrors would be nice

Great Crossover
By Jessy

2009 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm confused with why the "pros" don't like the Compass. It's a great crossover utility vehicle with plenty of room for those who don't need a large SUV, but are similarly disinterested in using a shoe horn to get in and out of an automobile. The fuel economy on my Compass has been mediocre at best, but the vehicle is fun to drive and I'm impressed by the safety features. I love my Jeep!

Superior sound system, lifetime power train warranty, 115v outlet, plenty of storage space, and very comfortable seating. Assembled in Illinois. The best feature: it's a Jeep!

Why is there no compass in the Compass? Improve the fuel economy and make power windows/locks standard like nearly every other manufacturer. Get rid of some of the noise associated with the cvt.

Syracuse to OC 12/19-22/09
By geeo

2009 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this as a car for my daughter in SU in New York State, I live in California. We got a great deal with a lifetime power train warranty all for 14 new. My daughter wanted good snow and rain and a great radio with a aux socket for her I pod. On December 19 the we set out on a cross country trip. I could have shipped the car and her stuff but that was estimate 1400.00 the gas all 3345 miles was 184.81 adv 18.9 mpg. We drove through the largest snow storm in virginia has seen in 59 years. The Compass plowed through great. It knew how to adjust the traction for optimum mpg. We had the stock 17" Tires on it,no chains. This car is for the young at heart It is a great deal simple controls!

Transmission,acceleration,sound system cargo capacity, Simple controls with few electronics. Traction control system.

Light in engine compartment. More heavy duty lug wrench it cracked on my first use of it.

Fun, Practical, Unique styling
By Herky

2009 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted to downsize from my 2003 Chevy Blazer 4x4 and found an incredible deal at one of the Chrysler dealerships that was losing its franchise. I liked the funky, crossover design and decided to test drive it on a whim. More than 4 months later I still enjoy this vehicle as much as the day I took that test drive. So far, this is a great little car. My gas mileage is around 28 and I've got the automatic tranny. The interior is very user friendly, and the seats are firm and comfortable. This thing is agile; handling is great. Engine performance is more than adequate. Overall, I'm very impressed with this Compass. Also, I get a lot of compliments on this vehicle.

Easy-folding rear seats, electronic stability control, stain-proof material on seats, cvt automatic transmission.

Make a compass standard in the Compass. There's a temp display but no compass.

Possible Problems?
By Possible problems?

2009 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought my new 2009 Jeep Compass with touch screen radio 3 days ago. Overall this vehicle is wonderful with some exceptions. The touch screen radio is not working! All other touch screen components are fine but radio is very temperamental. Compartments in console are very tiny and are too small to really put anything in them. Cup holders a bit hard to get at however, love the optical interior improvements from the 2007 compass that I rented last year, but is this electrical problem a sign of things to come?

Smooth ride, awesome on gas (same as my Honda Civic!) sleek exterior design, low engine noise, feels like a luxury car yet drop down tailgate speakers are perfect for the drive in!

make cup holders more easily accessible for driver. Rather than have multiple small compartments on console, suggest having more useful ones or none at all as very hard to clean in small places.