2009 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:
A Solid and Reliable Vehicle
By haraldm on 04/06/12 06:15 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Don't believe the reviews done by Edmunds - they must work for Honda or Toyota. This vehicle runs like a top and never gives me any problems.

Needs some work
By Monica on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Been driving my 2009 compass for 15 months. Been in the shop 3 times now for different issues/defects. passing is difficult, it has not "get up and go" !It's loud, my breaks have squeaked and ground since day one. It has not been reliable for me, and I will be trading mine in within the next few weeks!

Fun, Practical, Unique styling
By Herky on 10/08/09 17:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted to downsize from my 2003 Chevy Blazer 4x4 and found an incredible deal at one of the Chrysler dealerships that was losing its franchise. I liked the funky, crossover design and decided to test drive it on a whim. More than 4 months later I still enjoy this vehicle as much as the day I took that test drive. So far, this is a great little car. My gas mileage is around 28 and I've got the automatic tranny. The interior is very user friendly, and the seats are firm and comfortable. This thing is agile; handling is great. Engine performance is more than adequate. Overall, I'm very impressed with this Compass. Also, I get a lot of compliments on this vehicle.

Possible Problems?
By Possible problems? on 10/04/09 19:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought my new 2009 Jeep Compass with touch screen radio 3 days ago. Overall this vehicle is wonderful with some exceptions. The touch screen radio is not working! All other touch screen components are fine but radio is very temperamental. Compartments in console are very tiny and are too small to really put anything in them. Cup holders a bit hard to get at however, love the optical interior improvements from the 2007 compass that I rented last year, but is this electrical problem a sign of things to come?

Great Deal
By C. Mays on 10/04/09 06:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I Shopped until I Dropped. I found problems relating to all SUV's and what sold me on the Jeep Compass was the price and the lifetime powertrain limited warranty. MSRP: $19,450.00 Minus: $4500 cash for clunkers Minus: $3500 Chrysler rebate. Minus: $2500 cash back from my dealer. A very nice SUV for around $10,000.00 that rides well, easy to park and is fun to drive.

OUTSTANDING Built Vehicle
By Mike Klementovich on 07/02/09 18:21 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I never thought I would buy American again after a wonderful run with my 95' Toyota Corolla with over 200,000 on it and still running strong...i needed a stronger motor to pull a motorcycle trailer and I test drove a X-3 BMW and a honda C-RV and this Compass blew them both away. The most outstanding thing about this vehicle is the way it handles...IT handles like a sports car!!!!!!!!!! No Kidding. Tight package. Comfortable seats...and an EXTREMELY quiet ride even at 70-80mph!!!!! I also work on my own cars and plugs and oil must be easy for me to get to and this engine is laid out simply and very clean design...Pulls my trailer with my 650 dirt bike with ease. FANTASTIC

Love it!
By marichelo on 05/13/09 21:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The 2009 Jeep Compass has been the best vehicle I have purchased so far. I have no regrets whatsoever. Great fuel mileage, comfortable, easy to clean, roomy, quiet, great interior and exterior look. The new lifetime warranty is the best!

Great small SUV
By glenn0802 on 03/21/09 06:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is good on gas, has lots of room in side for the size of it and good on long trips. I am very satisfied with this car.

look at the 2009
By rhfisherii on 02/22/09 15:15 PM (PST)

2009 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Before purchasing a 09 Compass, I read a lot of reviews for the 08. I AM GLAD THAT I DID NOT RELY ON THOSE REVIEWS! Complaints lodged against the 08 Compass have been rectified in 09: the interior has been redesigned and looks great, the additional noise dampening makes the vehicle ride quietly and the transmission is smooth. This thing is fun to drive and has a lot of pickup for a 4 cyl. engine. I was looking for a 6 cyl. vehicle but this one won me over after a test drive. Fuel economy is good and the price is fantastic. I personally love the look of the vehicle-as long as it is red, blue or orange-the other colors make the vehicle look long (my opinion). I give it a solid 9-test drive one!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Jeep Compass Suv in VA is:

$129 per month*