2009 Jeep Compass SUV 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2009 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

2009 Compass Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
A Solid and Reliable Vehicle
By haraldm

2009 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Don't believe the reviews done by Edmunds - they must work for Honda or Toyota. This vehicle runs like a top and never gives me any problems.

Favorite Features

Great fuel economy, comfortable seating, no rattles or vibrations, good storage room, etc, etc

Suggested Improvements

Sound system could use some minor tweaking. I get static on distant radio stations when stopped at traffic lights. I didn't get this on previous cars when tuned to the same stations

Needs some work
By Monica

2009 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Been driving my 2009 compass for 15 months. Been in the shop 3 times now for different issues/defects. passing is difficult, it has not "get up and go" !It's loud, my breaks have squeaked and ground since day one. It has not been reliable for me, and I will be trading mine in within the next few weeks!

Favorite Features

I like the space it's provided without having to drive a huge "mommy mobile". It rides smoothly.

Suggested Improvements

I think at this stage power windows and locks should be standard in even the lowest models of any vehicle! It needs work.

Fun, Practical, Unique styling
By Herky

2009 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted to downsize from my 2003 Chevy Blazer 4x4 and found an incredible deal at one of the Chrysler dealerships that was losing its franchise. I liked the funky, crossover design and decided to test drive it on a whim. More than 4 months later I still enjoy this vehicle as much as the day I took that test drive. So far, this is a great little car. My gas mileage is around 28 and I've got the automatic tranny. The interior is very user friendly, and the seats are firm and comfortable. This thing is agile; handling is great. Engine performance is more than adequate. Overall, I'm very impressed with this Compass. Also, I get a lot of compliments on this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Easy-folding rear seats, electronic stability control, stain-proof material on seats, cvt automatic transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Make a compass standard in the Compass. There's a temp display but no compass.

Possible Problems?
By Possible problems?

2009 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought my new 2009 Jeep Compass with touch screen radio 3 days ago. Overall this vehicle is wonderful with some exceptions. The touch screen radio is not working! All other touch screen components are fine but radio is very temperamental. Compartments in console are very tiny and are too small to really put anything in them. Cup holders a bit hard to get at however, love the optical interior improvements from the 2007 compass that I rented last year, but is this electrical problem a sign of things to come?

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, awesome on gas (same as my Honda Civic!) sleek exterior design, low engine noise, feels like a luxury car yet drop down tailgate speakers are perfect for the drive in!

Suggested Improvements

make cup holders more easily accessible for driver. Rather than have multiple small compartments on console, suggest having more useful ones or none at all as very hard to clean in small places.

Great Deal
By C. Mays

2009 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I Shopped until I Dropped. I found problems relating to all SUV's and what sold me on the Jeep Compass was the price and the lifetime powertrain limited warranty. MSRP: $19,450.00 Minus: $4500 cash for clunkers Minus: $3500 Chrysler rebate. Minus: $2500 cash back from my dealer. A very nice SUV for around $10,000.00 that rides well, easy to park and is fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Easy auto to maintain, people comments on the looks, fun to drive. The headroom is fantastic. Service from the dealer is painless.

Suggested Improvements

A wider body for more room. Tires stick out further than the body so mud flaps are a must. Poor width room with the high center console in which many autos have. Every time you open the main console, the little cell phone storage unit flips open. Still needs improvement on noise control

OUTSTANDING Built Vehicle
By Mike Klementovich

2009 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I never thought I would buy American again after a wonderful run with my 95' Toyota Corolla with over 200,000 on it and still running strong...i needed a stronger motor to pull a motorcycle trailer and I test drove a X-3 BMW and a honda C-RV and this Compass blew them both away. The most outstanding thing about this vehicle is the way it handles...IT handles like a sports car!!!!!!!!!! No Kidding. Tight package. Comfortable seats...and an EXTREMELY quiet ride even at 70-80mph!!!!! I also work on my own cars and plugs and oil must be easy for me to get to and this engine is laid out simply and very clean design...Pulls my trailer with my 650 dirt bike with ease. FANTASTIC

Favorite Features

Excellent ride. Excellent handling. Excellent interior comfort. QUIET very very little road noise. Great Styling

Suggested Improvements

I bought the base model and it makes no sense to me that I have electronic monitoring of my tire pressure but no auto door locks ????? What the heck is that all about...Auto door locks on all doors is not only practical but a safety feature...as the world gets more violent!!!!!! I am Confused?????

Love it!
By marichelo

2009 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The 2009 Jeep Compass has been the best vehicle I have purchased so far. I have no regrets whatsoever. Great fuel mileage, comfortable, easy to clean, roomy, quiet, great interior and exterior look. The new lifetime warranty is the best!

Great small SUV
By glenn0802

2009 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is good on gas, has lots of room in side for the size of it and good on long trips. I am very satisfied with this car.

Favorite Features

looks and gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Provide an extra 12 volt connection.

look at the 2009
By rhfisherii

2009 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Before purchasing a 09 Compass, I read a lot of reviews for the 08. I AM GLAD THAT I DID NOT RELY ON THOSE REVIEWS! Complaints lodged against the 08 Compass have been rectified in 09: the interior has been redesigned and looks great, the additional noise dampening makes the vehicle ride quietly and the transmission is smooth. This thing is fun to drive and has a lot of pickup for a 4 cyl. engine. I was looking for a 6 cyl. vehicle but this one won me over after a test drive. Fuel economy is good and the price is fantastic. I personally love the look of the vehicle-as long as it is red, blue or orange-the other colors make the vehicle look long (my opinion). I give it a solid 9-test drive one!

Favorite Features

115 outlet in the center console, ride height, storage space, interior is easy to clean and maintain

Suggested Improvements

Offer a 6 cyl. engine. Make the rear seat headrests adjustable so they can be moved out of the way when not carrying passengers (they impair your visibility).