Used 2009 Jeep Compass Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

2009 Jeep Compass Crysler
By marthah

2009 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

after 150 000k; my vehicle kept stalling when it overheated; brought it Crysler service 4x; they could never fix the problem; I do not like it either that I couldn't check my transmission oil; had to bring it to the shop every time; I rate this vehicle close to a 1' I had changed oil every 5000 k; kept it well serviced; it still didn't do the job it should have; I had bought other vehicles from Chrysler; and this is a lemon; I have spoken to to a lot of people who own them and they too have the same problem. They are good for awhile; some go after 10 000 k; motor stopping others like mine go after 100 000. It is too bad; and I did like Chrysler.

interior

motor and transmission and brakes

Good Vehicle all Around
By hammerham

2009 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'll get the bad out of the way. The low profile tires that this model carries were kind of weak I suggest buying the next size up. I got some Hankook Optimo 727's at 215/65 44 pound tires 17'. They climb a lot better but you do lose 2 mpg it seems. I live in Pittsburgh I need the climbing ability in snow. The good stuff: 23-25 (I actually got 27 going to New York) miles ave. on the highway 20-22 in the city. That's awesome for a 4x4. She is better on gas than the Liberty and I feel equal or better in mud and snow than Liberty. I'm 6-3 with room still between my head and the top. My 6-6 friend has about an inch or two to spare. Mine does come with adjustable seats though.

The Plug outlet, the ipod outlet, the gas mileage, the fold down seats and the handling.

Elminate the blind spots, suggest a bigger tire (not wheel 17in is good enough), stronger ball joints would also be a plus. It's a Jeep, the parts should be a little tougher in the wheel area.

15 Months later
By Zeferam_Cockran

2009 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After 15 months of driving as follows are some tips for potential buyer, I recommend a short term rental to try out (daily rental) and take close attention to the following, depending on your height and driving position this little truck may not be suitable for tall drivers ( 5'10"+ ), limited visibility due to A pillars, if you drive in a location where there are lots of pedestrians beware for posts completely block your side visibility, not sure if the patriot has the same issues but I have had several close calls, this also applies for rear view visibility and lane changes, this asides Compass is a good buy for the buck but would recommend the Patriot for any real Jeep enthusiast.

Flip switch lockable central differential. Front headlights provide excellent visibility for night driving with fog lamps Excellent handling for SUV Very decent fuel economy

Larger fuel tank a definite plus Eliminate the TPMS ( tire pressure monitor system ), have it and hate it More powerful engine would help Offer leather seat option for North trim Improved security system for window contacts Defrosting side mirrors would be nice

Great Crossover
By Jessy

2009 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm confused with why the "pros" don't like the Compass. It's a great crossover utility vehicle with plenty of room for those who don't need a large SUV, but are similarly disinterested in using a shoe horn to get in and out of an automobile. The fuel economy on my Compass has been mediocre at best, but the vehicle is fun to drive and I'm impressed by the safety features. I love my Jeep!

Superior sound system, lifetime power train warranty, 115v outlet, plenty of storage space, and very comfortable seating. Assembled in Illinois. The best feature: it's a Jeep!

Why is there no compass in the Compass? Improve the fuel economy and make power windows/locks standard like nearly every other manufacturer. Get rid of some of the noise associated with the cvt.

fun to drive
By luke

2009 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

don't know why the experts don' t like this car - its fund to drive and gets great mileage. I got the 5-speed with front drive (not 4x4) and get over 30 mpg with town & highway driving. Its a steal of a deal, too! Very sporty driver.

5 speed drives like a sports car

if i ever plan to tow a boat, i'll need a different vehicle - tow capacity is only 1,000 lbs.