2008 Jeep Compass Consumer Review: Stalls out

2008 Jeep Compass - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Stalls out
By virgin island on

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Is a fairly comfortable ride, somewhat fun, but stalls out in the morning hours. Currently have a computer installed on the car to try to find the problem. I'm hoping my family does not get hurt in a car accident, cause by the car stalling out. Might have to sue the dealer and Chrysler.

None
By josem53
on 03/21/13 15:00 PM (PDT)

i have a 2008 compass suv and too stalls out in the morning, don't know what it could be but i think it might be the fuel pump and it been doing it for years.

By nattles
on 04/05/11 08:22 AM (PDT)

I drive a 2009 Jeep Patriot, also stalls out and the dealership and Crysler have been 'on it', and can't find a resolution (they say it doesn't register any fault code on the computer and nothing is wrong with the car). I also had the data recorder installed in the car for a few weeks, but of course it didn't act up while the data recorder was in, and then the dealership needed it back so they took it back. And a few months later it stalled again. I also fear getting hurt, especially the time it stalled on a major highway in rush hour traffic. Let me know if you find resolution to this issue.