2008 Jeep Compass Consumer Review: Not for everyone, I could care

2008 Jeep Compass - Consumer Review

2008 Jeep Compass

Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual)

Not for everyone, I could care less!
By JeepDryvr1032 on

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a bigger car/small SUV when I decided to trade in my 2004 Hyundai Elantra in June of '08. I was intrigued by the new Dodge/Jeep models and thought the Compass had such a unique look that I had to check it out. The first vehicle I test drove was the Dodge Caliber, which was OK but didn't have enough 'oomph' with the 2.0 liter engine. Next was the compass, and I fell in love with how it sits up higher and gives you more command of the road. I picked the Rallye Edition with the 18" tires and black rims, with the YES essentials interior. This is huge for me as I have kids!! For an SUV, I can't complain about the gas mileage. It has plenty of room, and a decent stereo to boot.

"YES essentials" seat material, comfortable seats, attractive and UNIQUE styling, road handling, easy 4WD operation, and it's a hatchback!

Interior scratches too easily. After loading/unloading a couple things in the trunk, it's pretty scratched up. Also it's be nice to have some bigger storage compartments for maps and whatnot.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review