Not for everyone, I could care less!
By JeepDryvr1032 on
2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I was looking for a bigger car/small SUV when I decided to trade in my 2004 Hyundai Elantra in June of '08. I was intrigued by the new Dodge/Jeep models and thought the Compass had such a unique look that I had to check it out. The first vehicle I test drove was the Dodge Caliber, which was OK but didn't have enough 'oomph' with the 2.0 liter engine. Next was the compass, and I fell in love with how it sits up higher and gives you more command of the road. I picked the Rallye Edition with the 18" tires and black rims, with the YES essentials interior. This is huge for me as I have kids!! For an SUV, I can't complain about the gas mileage. It has plenty of room, and a decent stereo to boot.
Favorite Features
"YES essentials" seat material, comfortable seats, attractive and UNIQUE styling, road handling, easy 4WD operation, and it's a hatchback!
Suggested Improvements
Interior scratches too easily. After loading/unloading a couple things in the trunk, it's pretty scratched up. Also it's be nice to have some bigger storage compartments for maps and whatnot.