Zippy
By Johnny Rocket on
2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
My wife and I got this Jeep for $12,700... NEW off the lot with 62 miles on it. We have the 2.4L with a five-speed. We heard the CVT was a turd and are very happy with a manual; my wife hates it, but I turn of the traction control and pull the parking brake, roll and smoke the front tires all day long. I don't like the styling its too round, but its my wife's car and she loves it. The transmission had to be replaced after 10,000 miles, it was not do to my abuse, but because of the syncro for 5th gear exploding on the freeway. We get on avg 28mpg with a mix of 50%city 40%highway 10%idling (I idle alot waiting on my wife while she is inside the store shopping and I'm sleeping in the Jeep.)
Favorite Features
The 5-speed transmission and 2.4L engine. The way you drive affects your MPG, if my wife always drove I think that this Jeep could start to creep up into the low 30's MPG
Suggested Improvements
There are some refinements that are done in a products life cycle. The only thing is, when dropping the back seats forward it scratches the hand cranks for the back door windows. You must have the door open for the side you are dropping.