Used 2008 Jeep Compass Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

Really???
By Lillie

2008 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle used. One owner, good carfax report.... Had it for a year.. Repair cost have exceeded 3800.00!!! Still a little more to go. Needless to say I am disappointed in jeep. I have been a jeep owner for ten years. My other jeeps were well made tough machines that finally wore out after tons of miles. Repair cost are ridiculous on these compass models in my opinion. I seriously doubt I will ever purchase another jeep after this compass.

Why Why would you buy this?
By Center

2008 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My father just bought this car. We both thought that for the price it was a good buy. How disappointed we both were. In fact so disappointed that after exactly 9 days we returned the car. The interior is horrible. Looks like a cheap fake toy car. Buttons are poorly built. No interesting options (i.e. USB connections etc nothing) Though the car has only 4 cylinders it consumes way more than the design info states. The fact that for this price it 4 wheel drive is not standard is shocking especially when compared to others like the Grand Vitara (for 2 k more than the compass) or the Tuscon (or less or the same price as the compass)

The only thing we really liked about it was its cool and slick appearance. Apart from that this car has nothing to offer.

The interior when compared to theirs in the same price range (i.e. the Tuscon or the Grand Vitara -2kmore-) is absolutely shocking. The entire interior is very poor quality plastic. I mean not even your normal plastic, the kind that if you are ever mad and turn a nob hard you will break it off.

Good Value, Great MPG
By P Ruth

2008 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Compass FWD Limited with CVT Bought 3 weeks ago Fun vehicle with great bang for the buck. A bit noisy but otherwise I love it. First tank 29.1 MPG with city in at 25.88 MPG.

Smooth CVT transmission Styling Very comfortable and supportive seats GREAT value

A little less road noise (maybe due to OEM tires)

Fun, reliable, useful
By Lea

2008 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The seats are excellent, build quality is good, no initial problems. The lifetime warranty is drivetrain only, but for $2k I also got the bumper to bumper lifetime. Fun to drive, roomy American made. Am going back to buy another for my daughter.

Comfy seats, good mirrors, good sound system, quiet interior, good quality

Padded armrests, quieter engine