Used 2008 Jeep Compass SUV Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Reviews

2008 Jeep Compass SUV

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

HA!!!!!
By Yellowberry35

2008 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I rented this vehicle once upon a time and it felt like a great drive so I bought one thinking I would get the same kind of quality....HA!!!, what a joke. If this vehicle costs a lot less I wouldn't be unhappy, but it wasn't worth the money I spent. The stabilization in both front axles will go very easy and cost a lot to repair as well as the throttle body ( this is a common problem in Nearly all of these models ). Other than that if you can tolerate the little maintenance here and there , you should be good to go otherwise I'll spend my money elsewhere !

Great for the first 5 yrs
By Erika

2008 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and i bought this jeep brand new in 8/2008, we paid it off 2yrs ago and when we paid it off we looked up the value on it which ended up being much less than we thought:(
The jeep drove great at first, it has a great handle, turns eaisly. Good looking body style. But after 5 yrs the car started hesitating and as we were at a red light the car almost always wants to shut off. Well fast forward 8 yrs later... 2 major brake repair, jeep sounds awful super loud and now needs major repair. Basicly a great car for a few years.

Discussed
By Johnnie

2008 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this jeep for 1 week and the shop has had it more than me. I love jeeps but this one is a joke. After 1 week the front axle broke on this jeep. What a rip off. I am unhappy and disappointed with this jeep my van works better than this car.

Seven year switch
By T Wolf

2008 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My 2008 Compass was purchased new and now has about 78k miles. In the winter months it won't take gas.... In the deep freeze I have to slowly drip gas into my tank. Takes me 20 mins to get enough gas to get me to work. In the spring/summer is fine.

Now my engine is slamming around. My husband says I have a broken manifold. It is paid in full, I hate to sell, but what else can I do?

Really???
By Lillie

2008 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle used. One owner, good carfax report.... Had it for a year.. Repair cost have exceeded 3800.00!!! Still a little more to go. Needless to say I am disappointed in jeep. I have been a jeep owner for ten years. My other jeeps were well made tough machines that finally wore out after tons of miles. Repair cost are ridiculous on these compass models in my opinion. I seriously doubt I will ever purchase another jeep after this compass.