Used 2008 Jeep Compass Limited Consumer Reviews - 5 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

2008 Jeep Compass

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

DONT BUY THIS P.O. S. .
By Brittney

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED. The sun roof leaks drastically when it rains or when I wash the vehicle. So much that the sun roof has stopped working, it leaks down on all electrical units underneath. The whole ceiling is water stained , and when it rains heavily the rain pours out of the ceiling light and the seats are covered ! Not considered a manufacturer defect, not covered under warranty or extended warranty. Passenger side back seat floor leaks all year long. The floor is continuously wet then frozen in the winter. Go through brakes like crazy , having to change every 3 months. ( I am not heavy on the brakes either) RUSTS LIKE CRAZY EVERYWHERE ! Overheated and blew thermostat, leaking anti freeze liquid, with only $75000.00 , this was covered under warranty. Does not hold its value at all. Thankfully I paid ahead on loan so I can at least break even when getting rid of this P. O. S ! 4 wheel drive stopped working when I first bought vehicle , the wires housing compartment melted and wires where fried. This was figured out after taking to the dealership 4 times . They kept saying the couldn't find the problem. Do not buy what ever you do ! Blind spots all over .

Really???
By Lillie

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle used. One owner, good carfax report.... Had it for a year.. Repair cost have exceeded 3800.00!!! Still a little more to go. Needless to say I am disappointed in jeep. I have been a jeep owner for ten years. My other jeeps were well made tough machines that finally wore out after tons of miles. Repair cost are ridiculous on these compass models in my opinion. I seriously doubt I will ever purchase another jeep after this compass.

Why Why would you buy this?
By Center

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My father just bought this car. We both thought that for the price it was a good buy. How disappointed we both were. In fact so disappointed that after exactly 9 days we returned the car. The interior is horrible. Looks like a cheap fake toy car. Buttons are poorly built. No interesting options (i.e. USB connections etc nothing) Though the car has only 4 cylinders it consumes way more than the design info states. The fact that for this price it 4 wheel drive is not standard is shocking especially when compared to others like the Grand Vitara (for 2 k more than the compass) or the Tuscon (or less or the same price as the compass)

The only thing we really liked about it was its cool and slick appearance. Apart from that this car has nothing to offer.

The interior when compared to theirs in the same price range (i.e. the Tuscon or the Grand Vitara -2kmore-) is absolutely shocking. The entire interior is very poor quality plastic. I mean not even your normal plastic, the kind that if you are ever mad and turn a nob hard you will break it off.

Good Value, Great MPG
By P Ruth

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Compass FWD Limited with CVT Bought 3 weeks ago Fun vehicle with great bang for the buck. A bit noisy but otherwise I love it. First tank 29.1 MPG with city in at 25.88 MPG.

Smooth CVT transmission Styling Very comfortable and supportive seats GREAT value

A little less road noise (maybe due to OEM tires)

Fun, reliable, useful
By Lea

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The seats are excellent, build quality is good, no initial problems. The lifetime warranty is drivetrain only, but for $2k I also got the bumper to bumper lifetime. Fun to drive, roomy American made. Am going back to buy another for my daughter.

Comfy seats, good mirrors, good sound system, quiet interior, good quality

Padded armrests, quieter engine