Used 2008 Jeep Compass Sport Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

2008 Jeep Compass

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

HA!!!!!
By Yellowberry35

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I rented this vehicle once upon a time and it felt like a great drive so I bought one thinking I would get the same kind of quality....HA!!!, what a joke. If this vehicle costs a lot less I wouldn't be unhappy, but it wasn't worth the money I spent. The stabilization in both front axles will go very easy and cost a lot to repair as well as the throttle body ( this is a common problem in Nearly all of these models ). Other than that if you can tolerate the little maintenance here and there , you should be good to go otherwise I'll spend my money elsewhere !

Great for the first 5 yrs
By Erika

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and i bought this jeep brand new in 8/2008, we paid it off 2yrs ago and when we paid it off we looked up the value on it which ended up being much less than we thought:(
The jeep drove great at first, it has a great handle, turns eaisly. Good looking body style. But after 5 yrs the car started hesitating and as we were at a red light the car almost always wants to shut off. Well fast forward 8 yrs later... 2 major brake repair, jeep sounds awful super loud and now needs major repair. Basicly a great car for a few years.

Love this baby Jeep
By schneikm

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Jeep Compass used 2 years ago at 22,000 miles and I'm at about 50,000 now. They didn't give me the option to select the correct model I have, mine is the 2.0L 4-cyl autostick. All I have had to replace so far is brake pads, and I probably need new tires soon.

The seats are comfortable, even on long 12 hour drives. Perfect for moving because there is so much space when you put the seats down.

I dislike the 2.0L engine because the get-up is slow and my gas mileage is about 26mpg highway.

I love this car because I am a tall person (5'10) and it is so spacious I don't feel like I'm compacted into a car. The turn radius is great. Did I mention I have manual locks and windows and I still love it? The seats are comfortable, even on long 12 hour drives. I like the AUX outlet so I can plug in my music. Oh, I also call it my moving machine because I can fit so much in the car when I put the seats down.

Surprisingly reliable
By dteitzel

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the 2008 Compass after being a long time, repeat Toyota buyer. The price was excellent and I got a 3 year gas card that I am still using, every time I get gas I save some change or more. I don't have the confidence in Jeep, but I have been pleasantly surprised. I have not had problems, other than battery died once after a cold spell. The car has never died or stranded me. I have not done any additional service other than the most basic. I have 48K miles on it.

Regular power outlet-love it. Wish more vehicles would add this feature. I use it to keep my blue tooth charged at all times. I just love the idea that I could plug anything from the house in the car. I also like the knowing the temperature. My previous more expensive SUV, Highlander didn't have either of these features.

Better quality interior plastic and fabric. Bigger gas tank. Better gas mileage.

I like it!
By Mission

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just picked up an '08 last weekend. So far I love it!. Fun to drive very comfortable and good on gas. I actually really enjoy the CVT transmission and when I need a change I go to autostick. You do not need any more power than this in a vehicle.

Comfortable, looks great. I'm 6'1 and have tons of head and leg room in here.

Center console is too low