2008 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:
Love this baby Jeep
By schneikm on 09/27/12 18:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Jeep Compass used 2 years ago at 22,000 miles and I'm at about 50,000 now. They didn't give me the option to select the correct model I have, mine is the 2.0L 4-cyl autostick. All I have had to replace so far is brake pads, and I probably need new tires soon. I love this car because I am a tall person (5'10) and it is so spacious I don't feel like I'm compacted into a car. The turn radius is great. The seats are comfortable, even on long 12 hour drives. Perfect for moving because there is so much space when you put the seats down. I dislike the 2.0L engine because the get-up is slow and my gas mileage is about 26mpg highway.

Surprisingly reliable
By dteitzel on 01/12/11 22:26 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the 2008 Compass after being a long time, repeat Toyota buyer. The price was excellent and I got a 3 year gas card that I am still using, every time I get gas I save some change or more. I don't have the confidence in Jeep, but I have been pleasantly surprised. I have not had problems, other than battery died once after a cold spell. The car has never died or stranded me. I have not done any additional service other than the most basic. I have 48K miles on it.

I like it!
By Mission on 03/05/10 20:25 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just picked up an '08 last weekend. So far I love it!. Fun to drive very comfortable and good on gas. I actually really enjoy the CVT transmission and when I need a change I go to autostick. You do not need any more power than this in a vehicle.

Zippy
By Johnny Rocket on 10/14/09 09:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I got this Jeep for $12,700... NEW off the lot with 62 miles on it. We have the 2.4L with a five-speed. We heard the CVT was a turd and are very happy with a manual; my wife hates it, but I turn of the traction control and pull the parking brake, roll and smoke the front tires all day long. I don't like the styling its too round, but its my wife's car and she loves it. The transmission had to be replaced after 10,000 miles, it was not do to my abuse, but because of the syncro for 5th gear exploding on the freeway. We get on avg 28mpg with a mix of 50%city 40%highway 10%idling (I idle alot waiting on my wife while she is inside the store shopping and I'm sleeping in the Jeep.)

compass
By Amy on 06/09/09 19:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a good SUV. The only real problems I have encountered are the huge blind spots on the sides between side windows and windshield. Also, whenever I open the doors after it has snowed, all of the snow plops into the front seats. Also, the automatic locks drive me crazy.

Great Car - Great Value
By rebe on 04/16/09 09:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I Love driving my Red Jeep Compass. I am an over 40 woman and drive to and from work. I like simplicity. Leather seats are not for me especially in Florida. I love the fabric upholstery because it is cool and supportive. Since I am short, I love that I can raise the drivers seat and I am not sitting in a hole. The power is plenty and I can easily pass other cars when needed. Driving this car is fun and easy and there are no blind spots to worry about.

Jeep Compass-stalls & cuts out
By Shan-payne on 04/03/09 19:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The jeep compass is an overall ok vehicle Its design is sleek & nice but the quality of the mini SUV needs to be worked on especially with the constant stalling, cutting out etc. but i'm still luvin my lil JEEP

Stalls out
By virgin island on 01/24/09 17:04 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Is a fairly comfortable ride, somewhat fun, but stalls out in the morning hours. Currently have a computer installed on the car to try to find the problem. I'm hoping my family does not get hurt in a car accident, cause by the car stalling out. Might have to sue the dealer and Chrysler.

Great vehicle for the price!
By Rich Reed on 11/16/08 14:00 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the Compass for 15 mos., and have not gone back to the dealer for anything. I have the 5 spd. manual, as I prefer that with a 4 cylinder. Long trips give me 28-30 mpg's, while my "rural" driving returns 27 mpg's. Seldom do city driving. I use the Compass for errands, fishing, and hunting, (with dog). Therefore, the "cheap" plastic interior is just fine, and easy to keep clean. No regrets buying the Compass!

My favorite car.
By Paula on 11/16/08 12:06 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted to get a car that was SUV- like, but gets good gas mileage. This car does that wonderfully. I get an average of 27 mpg and still have comfortable room for passengers and a fair amount of storage space in the back. It rides higher up and has plenty of leg room. I bought a standard transmission, and I love the way it shifts gears. Very smooth.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Jeep Compass in WA is:

$155 per month*