Used 2008 Jeep Compass Consumer Reviews - 50 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

2008 Jeep Compass

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

HA!!!!!
By Yellowberry35

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I rented this vehicle once upon a time and it felt like a great drive so I bought one thinking I would get the same kind of quality....HA!!!, what a joke. If this vehicle costs a lot less I wouldn't be unhappy, but it wasn't worth the money I spent. The stabilization in both front axles will go very easy and cost a lot to repair as well as the throttle body ( this is a common problem in Nearly all of these models ). Other than that if you can tolerate the little maintenance here and there , you should be good to go otherwise I'll spend my money elsewhere !

Great for the first 5 yrs
By Erika

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and i bought this jeep brand new in 8/2008, we paid it off 2yrs ago and when we paid it off we looked up the value on it which ended up being much less than we thought:(
The jeep drove great at first, it has a great handle, turns eaisly. Good looking body style. But after 5 yrs the car started hesitating and as we were at a red light the car almost always wants to shut off. Well fast forward 8 yrs later... 2 major brake repair, jeep sounds awful super loud and now needs major repair. Basicly a great car for a few years.

DONT BUY THIS P.O. S. .
By Brittney

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED. The sun roof leaks drastically when it rains or when I wash the vehicle. So much that the sun roof has stopped working, it leaks down on all electrical units underneath. The whole ceiling is water stained , and when it rains heavily the rain pours out of the ceiling light and the seats are covered ! Not considered a manufacturer defect, not covered under warranty or extended warranty. Passenger side back seat floor leaks all year long. The floor is continuously wet then frozen in the winter. Go through brakes like crazy , having to change every 3 months. ( I am not heavy on the brakes either) RUSTS LIKE CRAZY EVERYWHERE ! Overheated and blew thermostat, leaking anti freeze liquid, with only $75000.00 , this was covered under warranty. Does not hold its value at all. Thankfully I paid ahead on loan so I can at least break even when getting rid of this P. O. S ! 4 wheel drive stopped working when I first bought vehicle , the wires housing compartment melted and wires where fried. This was figured out after taking to the dealership 4 times . They kept saying the couldn't find the problem. Do not buy what ever you do ! Blind spots all over .

Discussed
By Johnnie

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this jeep for 1 week and the shop has had it more than me. I love jeeps but this one is a joke. After 1 week the front axle broke on this jeep. What a rip off. I am unhappy and disappointed with this jeep my van works better than this car.

Seven year switch
By T Wolf

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My 2008 Compass was purchased new and now has about 78k miles. In the winter months it won't take gas.... In the deep freeze I have to slowly drip gas into my tank. Takes me 20 mins to get enough gas to get me to work. In the spring/summer is fine.

Now my engine is slamming around. My husband says I have a broken manifold. It is paid in full, I hate to sell, but what else can I do?