Used 2008 Jeep Compass Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

Really???
By Lillie

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle used. One owner, good carfax report.... Had it for a year.. Repair cost have exceeded 3800.00!!! Still a little more to go. Needless to say I am disappointed in jeep. I have been a jeep owner for ten years. My other jeeps were well made tough machines that finally wore out after tons of miles. Repair cost are ridiculous on these compass models in my opinion. I seriously doubt I will ever purchase another jeep after this compass.

lots of repairs on a 7 yr old vehicle
By Dorothy Mason

2008 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

2008 Jeep Compass 5 sp manual tranny with 88,000 mi. in the past 9 months I have replaced the drivers ball joint, clutch assembly and stabalizer bars (several times) and it now looks like the struts are going. I am disgusted with the vehicle. I have a 97 Saturn with 236,000 miles and a 5 sp. manual tranny same clutch and only routine maintenance on it, that should tell the whole story on the Jeep..........Don't buy one! I am on a fixed income, just recently semi-retired and can't afford to keep fixing it.

The only redeeming quality is I prefer to drive standard shift.

Fix the problems.

Perfect Small SUV
By jammy2

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Love this Jeep!! Its everything I wanted in a SUV. I went from an Olds Alero to this jeep and couldn't be happier. My kids have so much more room to stretch out in.

Heated seats, more cargo room, thermometer, auxiliary hookup,

All I would say is to make the windshield washer fluid hoses better for cold weather so they don't freeze up at -5 degrees

Fun & Reliable
By ensoniqman

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We traded in our second Honda Hybrid for this 2008 Jeep Compass (had a 2003 and 2005 Honday Civic hybrid...transmissions and CV joint went out on both of them). I liked the styling of the Compass because it didn't really look like anything but a Jeep. Plus, I'm 5'11" and fit very comfortably in this Compass...unlike the Civic. Nice & comfy for road trips too; not alot of road noise. Using BF Goodrich tires and makes for a nice ride. Averaging about 32 to 33 mpg on the freeway when doing 60mph and using cruise control. No frills basic interior, typical utilitarian Jeep.

Great for commuting & running about town. Lots of room for grocerices or a weekend camping/skiing trip.

Rear brake pads will need replacing soon, as the car now has 50k miles. Factory stereo sounds ok, but we installed MB Quart 6x9 speakers...now sounds even better. Blind spots take some getting used to.

Love this baby Jeep
By schneikm

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Jeep Compass used 2 years ago at 22,000 miles and I'm at about 50,000 now. They didn't give me the option to select the correct model I have, mine is the 2.0L 4-cyl autostick. All I have had to replace so far is brake pads, and I probably need new tires soon. I love this car because I am a tall person (5'10) and it is so spacious I don't feel like I'm compacted into a car. The turn radius is great. The seats are comfortable, even on long 12 hour drives. Perfect for moving because there is so much space when you put the seats down. I dislike the 2.0L engine because the get-up is slow and my gas mileage is about 26mpg highway.

I love this car because I am a tall person (5'10) and it is so spacious I don't feel like I'm compacted into a car. The turn radius is great. Did I mention I have manual locks and windows and I still love it? The seats are comfortable, even on long 12 hour drives. I like the AUX outlet so I can plug in my music. Oh, I also call it my moving machine because I can fit so much in the car when I put the seats down.