2008 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:
Perfect Small SUV
By jammy2 on 07/09/14 18:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Love this Jeep!! Its everything I wanted in a SUV. I went from an Olds Alero to this jeep and couldn't be happier. My kids have so much more room to stretch out in.

Fun & Reliable
By ensoniqman on 04/12/13 08:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We traded in our second Honda Hybrid for this 2008 Jeep Compass (had a 2003 and 2005 Honday Civic hybrid...transmissions and CV joint went out on both of them). I liked the styling of the Compass because it didn't really look like anything but a Jeep. Plus, I'm 5'11" and fit very comfortably in this Compass...unlike the Civic. Nice & comfy for road trips too; not alot of road noise. Using BF Goodrich tires and makes for a nice ride. Averaging about 32 to 33 mpg on the freeway when doing 60mph and using cruise control. No frills basic interior, typical utilitarian Jeep.

Love this baby Jeep
By schneikm on 09/27/12 18:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Jeep Compass used 2 years ago at 22,000 miles and I'm at about 50,000 now. They didn't give me the option to select the correct model I have, mine is the 2.0L 4-cyl autostick. All I have had to replace so far is brake pads, and I probably need new tires soon. I love this car because I am a tall person (5'10) and it is so spacious I don't feel like I'm compacted into a car. The turn radius is great. The seats are comfortable, even on long 12 hour drives. Perfect for moving because there is so much space when you put the seats down. I dislike the 2.0L engine because the get-up is slow and my gas mileage is about 26mpg highway.

Surprisingly reliable
By dteitzel on 01/12/11 22:26 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the 2008 Compass after being a long time, repeat Toyota buyer. The price was excellent and I got a 3 year gas card that I am still using, every time I get gas I save some change or more. I don't have the confidence in Jeep, but I have been pleasantly surprised. I have not had problems, other than battery died once after a cold spell. The car has never died or stranded me. I have not done any additional service other than the most basic. I have 48K miles on it.

roll-backs
By southmax on 08/12/10 09:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I thought i loved the jeep compass, until i came to an incline, the truck goes backward instead of forward. Has anyone else had this problem with the 08 COMPASS? Other than the roll back, it seems to be a great little car. I reported the problem to Chrysler's headquarter, they had the car picked up about 20 minutes after i called.I am waiting to hear from them.

Disappointed
By Kelly on 05/03/10 13:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car after a Liberty because I was trying to save on gas. Saved there lost elsewhere. I am 5'10 and this car is NOT for tall people. The roof is not like other cars and when I pull up to stop lights (on the white line) I have to duck my head to see what color the light is. I do like how it whips around corners and handles great. However, after having this car for a week, I am in the process of returning it. I wish the roof was better and didn't have the extra material by the windshield. Jeep struck out with this one for tall people.

I like it!
By Mission on 03/05/10 20:25 PM (PST)

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just picked up an '08 last weekend. So far I love it!. Fun to drive very comfortable and good on gas. I actually really enjoy the CVT transmission and when I need a change I go to autostick. You do not need any more power than this in a vehicle.

Zippy
By Johnny Rocket on 10/14/09 09:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I got this Jeep for $12,700... NEW off the lot with 62 miles on it. We have the 2.4L with a five-speed. We heard the CVT was a turd and are very happy with a manual; my wife hates it, but I turn of the traction control and pull the parking brake, roll and smoke the front tires all day long. I don't like the styling its too round, but its my wife's car and she loves it. The transmission had to be replaced after 10,000 miles, it was not do to my abuse, but because of the syncro for 5th gear exploding on the freeway. We get on avg 28mpg with a mix of 50%city 40%highway 10%idling (I idle alot waiting on my wife while she is inside the store shopping and I'm sleeping in the Jeep.)

Ignore the critics.... Compass is A-OK!
By CompassMan on 07/23/09 09:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Our 2008 Compass Sport is an extremely nice, well featured vehicle... esp. when considering what we paid out-the- door for it: $16,400. The interior catches way TOO much flak from reviewers. It is roomy and the seats are very comfortable. Gas mileage is good: 4 people/luggage, A/C on, 75 mph produced nearly 26 mpg on a recent trip. No A/C and under 65 mph pushed it up over 30 mpg! It's been reliable, and only had one warranty repair for a couple of suspension bolts in nearly 20k mileage. As far as performance... all you have to do is put your foot down on the accelerator a bit more firm and get the RPMs up. That's it. The 172 HP does the rest. Highly recommend for $$$

compass
By Amy on 06/09/09 19:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a good SUV. The only real problems I have encountered are the huge blind spots on the sides between side windows and windshield. Also, whenever I open the doors after it has snowed, all of the snow plops into the front seats. Also, the automatic locks drive me crazy.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.