Glad to get rid of it!
By sdont on
2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I traded in my honda civic for a new jeep limited in 2007. I never had so many issues with my car in 12 yrs than I did in owning the jeep for 4 yrs. It was always something. Just had to replace the outer tie rods and replace 2 low profile tires the other day BILL=$500+ (I dont know why they put those tires on SUV's, tho its the popular thing to do these days). I just traded it in for a Kia Sportage...Love it so far, just hope I never run into the issues I had with the compass!
By robertl1216
on 03/20/12 13:08 PM (PDT)

I just reported my transmission to both Chrysler and too the national hwy safety administration 1888-327-4236 and Chrysler is 1-877-426-5337 there have been many complaints on those transmissions on the 2007 jeep compass and commanders do yourself a favor and complain so they can recall this crappy ass car. I have had many issues with this vehicle spent over 6k dollars on wheel hubs, wheel bearings, ball joints and now a 3500 dollar transmission you cannot repair you have to replace, trying to get manufacturer to pay for( well at least partial) CALL AND COMPLAIN OR THEY WILL NOT DO ANYTHING.........