2007 Jeep Compass 2.4L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Power steering issues

2007 Jeep Compass - Consumer Review

Power steering issues
By Greg on

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have read some of the other responses and up until now we have only had the air fuel assembly intake that contains the choke/butterfly mechanism replaced as it was faulty. But in saying that in the last month our Jeep Compass has blown it's power steering system lines twice and if not plugged in if temps get below -25 C, is harder starting. First set of tires only lasted 48000 kms. I live in Manitoba and it's nothing to see -40 temps and my Jeep has been great for the first two years so now I am starting to have a finicky vehicle in winter after having virtually no trouble.

Favorite Features

4WD feature, comfort is great, easy site and access to controls. great handling on gravel roads.

Suggested Improvements

Better tire warranty on tires for both mileage and road hazard. Jeep, Caravan and Dakota's all seem to be having steering issues right now, what ever design change was done seems to not work in cold weather. When same problem reoccurs within a short period,cause has to be reassessed not just fix!