Nice buggy, great for the price!
By smittro5 on
2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I test drove at least 6 or 7 what I consider larger hatchbacks like the Scion XB, the Element also nice but to me not worth the money. The Mattrix, the Caliber, which was okay but small inside and the Mazda3 again nice but was 2k more than the Compass and was smaller with less features. I also drove a few others the Kia which I hated, drove like a post office Jeep and the Saturn Vue which was my favorite but came at too high a price around 25K I had to stay under 20K> If I had another 5 or 6k to spend hands down I would have bought the Vue. The Compass is a great little hatchback for what I need, good gas mileage plenty of room
Favorite Features
Drives like a car and not a sluggish SUV. I have the 5 speed stick, did not drive the automatic. Great storage in the back and in the cabin. Just looks nice! Very comfortable and fun to drive it.
Suggested Improvements
Put some money on bells and whistles. Add some nice chrome to the speedometer and cockpit area. Nicer looking radio maybe. The radio in the Scion was awesome! Change the rims, something more modern!