2007 Jeep Compass Consumer Review: Life On A Dirt Road With A Com

2007 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Review

Life On A Dirt Road With A Compass
By hortag on

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I analyze every large purchase I make endlessly. To be honest, by the time I purchased this Jeep, I was tired of looking at it; I had reviewed and test driven it so often. But my first real glimpse of what it was capable of came to be during a recent Nor'easter that struck my small New Hampshire town. Six inches of mud, 16 inches of water, deeply gouged trails, and the Compass exceeded my expectations! So far, this Jeep has proven to be versatile, well built, and capable of alot more then one might expect out of a 4x4 "Compact SUV" based on a "Car" chassis. All this, and a comfy leather interior, and outstanding sound system.

Favorite Features

The Mopar Navigation is great, and the CVT transmission in conjunction with its ability to shift like a manual, makes the most of this peppy 4cyl engine. Yes, I said peppy! The CVT simply leads some to believe otherwise. The stadium seating is also very nice.

Suggested Improvements

The blind spots takes some getting used to. It'd be nice if theTire Pressure Monitorwas standard. But for an SUV named the Jeep Compass not to have a standard built in Compass? C'mon Jeep! What are you thinking?