Jeep Compas Needs Help
By By John on
2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I bought my Jeep Compass new in October 2006. A month later we had a major ice storm and the AWD and anti- lock brakes worked great! I was disappointed from the start about the highway mileage I was getting, the highest ever was 27 MPG. I visit my parents who live in another state regularly. This is the first vehicle I have had in the last 17 years that could not make the trip on a tank of gas. I have had both tie-rod ends replaced under warranty and the front brakes which I had to pay for. Items that you normally don't have problems with under 30,000 miles. The CD player lacks a compression mode to even the volume out. The dash board is very clunky looking. The YES seat fabric does not work.
Favorite Features
Exterior styling. I love the grille, round headlights and the clam-shell hood. Adaptable cargo area with all the fold down seats is great along with the heavy duty removable cargo floor. Plenty of room for passengers. Drives well.
Suggested Improvements
Bigger gas tank!; Move the I-POD station to the dash near radio; move center armrest forward so it can be used as an armrest;put a better standard CD player in;air conditioning and rear defrost controls are small and hard to use;put a door on the passenger side dash cubbie.