It's a lemon without Tequilla
By Disappointed in CO on
2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I thought I was making a decent investment it had 309 mi and was brand new. It's a jeep right? At 13,000 mi I had a worn set of tires that cost me $800 to replace. The warranty didn't cover the alignment problem I had. By 20,000 mi I had broken seat moldings on both sides of the vehicle. I also had an Airbag light blinking. The dealership fixed and within 2 weeks it came on again. My seat moldings are not covered by warranty due to "Natural wear and tear" on the jeep. Another set of tires at 24,000 mi. I am at 38,000 mi my warranty is over 2,000 mi and my transmission is going out. The dealership that sold me the car said it is a $6000 problem and my tires are worn again.
Favorite Features
It is awesome in the snow when my tires are good. Great to maneuver. Fun to drive and good looking vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
Take it off the market or rehaul the style. Jeep has better quality products then this. My brakes do not hold when parked on hills.
By slh22
on 07/08/11 20:45 PM (PDT)

That's unfortunate that you weren't able to take advantage of the lifetime powertrain warranty--my transmission went out around the same mileage and I was given a new one. The dealership told me that Chrysler wanted to "study" it. They apparently weren't able to figure out the issues though, because I'm having the same problems again at about 65,000 miles.