2007 Jeep Compass Consumer Review: Great Little SUV

2007 Jeep Compass - Consumer Review

Great Little SUV
By Jay on

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've wanted an SUV for a While, but never liked how they handled or the gas mileage. The Compass sits a little lower and drives more like a car (can take turns a little faster. It gets good mileage, but I didn't buy it for this. It has plenty of room and is lots of fun to drive. I notice people look at me a lot, I don't know if its just a brand new car (model too) or just that I'm a good looking guy. Overall I'm very pleased with my purchase and look forward to having it a very long time.

The CVT transmission, I just think it is so cool, no gears and constant power - love the feature. The Boston speaker upgrade is really nice, and the computer with gas mileage, miles till empty, and tire pressure is a cool thing to have, but it is a little awkward to use. P.S. the rear seats recline!

If the back glass would open, right now it is part of the rear liftgate. A V-6 would really improve overall performance, with the CVT transmission I think the mileage would still be good. Keep in mind I bought it less than a week ago, I may need to update this review.