First-time Jeep Owner
By RCinCO on
2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I special-ordered a tricked-out 4WD Limited and it arrived in April, as promised. After 5 months and 5,000 miles, I'm very pleased with the vehicle overall. Although it's not a great highway car (yes, it's underpowered and strains at speeds over 60mph and on highway hills), the Compass is great in the Colorado mountains and on back-country roads. It's very comfortable for this 6' 230 lb male, turns on a dime, handles very well, and gets pretty good gas mileage (23mpg city/25.5mpg hwy). Almost everything is where it should be, and the fit-and-finish are terrific. I've read comments about the 'cheap' interior. I don't agree.
Favorite Features
Wonderfully stable steering, excellent braking, great suspension. Very good sound system (with satellite radio and 6-disc CD). Very comfy seating (leather). Haven't used the ESC yet, but glad it's there. Very well-built. Rear compartment very well thought out and organized.
Suggested Improvements
Needs body-side molding (I've already paid for a parking lot ding on the bare driver's side door). Engine underpowered at realistic speeds (maybe a turbo kit?). Lack of space between cupholders, shift lever and parking brake is bothersome.