2007 Jeep Compass Consumer Review: Compass rocks!

2007 Jeep Compass SUV - Consumer Review

Compass rocks!
By Gloria on

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am really happy with my Compass (purchased 7/13/06). The name was a little hard to remember at first but since I starting calling her "Compass Rose" the name fits perfectly. Funny though the car is NOT equipped with a compass. I traded in my '99 Jeep Cherokee Classic so, needless to say the ride is smooth, merging into traffic is effortless even with the 2.7, 4 cylinder engine, and not remarkably slower than the 4.0 liter in my Cherokee. The interior is comfortable, plenty of room in the backseat and the back doors are very accessible. I would however, change the headrests in the rear seat, as they are a bit high and tend to restrict visibility out of the rear window. Odometer: 158 miles.

Extended visors. Cargo area deck NOT carpeted. Movable console with cellphone holder. Lots of drink holders, 'map' pockets in all doors. Shift knob with Jeep insignia is cool. Control panel with odometer/outdoor temperature and dual trip odometers.

CRUISE CONTROL. Compass. Lower headrests in back seat which will improve visibility ( I am 5'1" and since the driver's seat does not raise, this has been a concern); also the mechanisms for the rear window wiper/washer cut down on amount of visibility.