After almost a year, I'm still impressed
By Brooks on
2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
This car is amazing for what it is. The key part however, is "what it is". It is everything I expected. I purchased this for my wife, and If you are looking for a good gas mileage true 4x4 (and not those pesky AWD only things running around), there's nothing better. I have been so impressed that I sold my 2005 Ford and bought a patriot myself. I'm 6'9", and even with me driving a 6'6" person can fit comfortably behind me. This isn't true of most Cadillacs, more or less a compact SUV? The ESP and other features work wonders, and I honestly believe this may be the most versatile drive train on any vehicle. Not sure why they may a 2WD version though. jeep has turned it around big time!
Favorite Features
The CVT is great once you get used to it, the electromagnetic 4x4 works great for onroad driving. Gas mileage is good. Easy to clean interior huge plus. Appearance, performance, AWD + 4x4, strong 172 hp motor, huge interior room, has all the features available that someone would want are all pluses
Suggested Improvements
There is some road noise, but it's a jeep. I expected it. Needs some non-slip grip in the understereo compartment, things slide right out. NO automatic headlights is the only huge complaint I have with it. To think, a car today doesn't have that option?