Used 2007 Jeep Compass Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

You get what you pay for
By Ryann

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car after driving a Honda Civic. I didn't have a lot of money, and it had a great music package available. I wanted an SUV, and have actually noticed very little difference in gas mileage after my 03 Civic. I haven't had any major issues, some lights turned on for no reason, and my drivers side window controls have been replaced, and have to be replaced again. Also, cruise developed a habit of turning off. It is very comfortable, and with the music package and price is great for young people. It is small and roomy. It is a bit unconventional looking, which I don't enjoy, but you do get what you pay for.

The music, Ipod connection, subwoofer, and Sirius comes with it. Comfortable seats. Gas mileage.

The appearance, both interior and exterior. Reliability. Warranty. It does have a habit of decreasing speed drastically when you first start moving on days that are chillier than 60 degrees, almost giving me whiplash.

Power steering issues
By Greg

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have read some of the other responses and up until now we have only had the air fuel assembly intake that contains the choke/butterfly mechanism replaced as it was faulty. But in saying that in the last month our Jeep Compass has blown it's power steering system lines twice and if not plugged in if temps get below -25 C, is harder starting. First set of tires only lasted 48000 kms. I live in Manitoba and it's nothing to see -40 temps and my Jeep has been great for the first two years so now I am starting to have a finicky vehicle in winter after having virtually no trouble.

4WD feature, comfort is great, easy site and access to controls. great handling on gravel roads.

Better tire warranty on tires for both mileage and road hazard. Jeep, Caravan and Dakota's all seem to be having steering issues right now, what ever design change was done seems to not work in cold weather. When same problem reoccurs within a short period,cause has to be reassessed not just fix!

2007 Compass
By Peter Waugh

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We have owned our 2007 Jeep Compass for one year. It has 22,000 miles on it. It is the Sport 4x4 edition with automatic transmission. My wife is the primary driver of the vehicle. She loves it. We average 25 mpg. Overall satisfaction is very good. It does not have much power but it handles very well. I am over 6 feet tall and have plenty of room in either the front or rear seats. The 4 wheel drive is outstanding. We have had several snow storms this past year of a foot or more and it is like driving on bare pavement. If you are looking for an "off road" Jeep don't buy it. If you want a dependable 4x4 as a daily driver & commuting vehicle buy it!

overrated
By lulu

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Jeep compass is one of the most overrated vehicles out there. It is not a safe vehicle, it is a vehicle with Major engine problems. I've owned it since September 2007 and I decided to drive it to my grandmothers funeral in Georgia, big mistake I barely made it home, majors engine problems, and all of a sudden my suv started sounding like a motorcycle, it have bolt and electrical problems. Now I'm stuck with a 17,000 bill.

what features

take it off the market

Jeepeee
By Dave

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have to say who ever rated the Compass for edmunds is in another world than me. I have owned several Grand Cherokees and Cherokees and the Compass outperformed all of them. It is much better in the snow, (and I live in NE PA. where we get a lot of snow.) The ride is better and the gas milage is fine contrary to the person rating it states. I averaged 25 miles a gallon. The Cherokees averaged 16!! The 2007 Compass handles great and the Stereo is crisp and clear. I also selected the 18 inch chrome wheels. SHARP! The only things I have to agree with is the Compass has a pretty dull interior and is sluggish to start (only) Once up to speed it can keep up with any 6 cylinder, period!

The over all look is sharp and it is comfortable to drive. You can tell other manufacturers tried to copy the Compass body style in 2008 and 2009.

More pick up at start. They already improved the interior in later models.

• SUV